Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

A very mixed bag from him tonight .

This - some of his passing was immense and some terrible.  His physicality was key at times and he made the characteristic mistakes too.  I think he's got it all but is a bit thick and so fooks up too much

Just needs to keep to doing the break up of play and pass it simple and swiftly...

That's the thing though, either this isn't being coached into him or he's just ignoring the instructions. Before Cabaye went off, Tiote was often the furthest player forward of the two which beggars belief really.

A very mixed bag from him tonight .

Agree, fuck me, he can be frustrating at times.

I love him, but seriously, a pass unpressed should be piece of cake for a pro. So sloppy at times, trying the Parkereque pirouettes, losing the ball.

He should be our shield, he need to be 100% reliable. When he loses the ball, its just out CB left.

Keep it simple, focus, no crazy dribble raids, easy passes, just be a good boy.

Anyways, i love the mental fucker  :aww:

Also many players on pitch who should be captain ahead of him, way too much of a hothead, know it doesn't matter much in the end but think it's wrong message to other players he gets rewarded, albeit think he's well liked behind the scenes?

Guest Dontooner

Don't think he should be the Pivot in the team when we have the ball, he distribution is poor and him trying to be a boss in middle of the park with the ball is a big liability.

He should just tackle and pass the ball to the defenders and move up the field, get Anita or Cabaye to do the distribution. When we have the ball he should be no where near the positions to receive easy balls.

Freaking liability now, he has to stop believing in his abilities on the ball.

Guest icemanblue

Had a shocker, but, more importantly, never hid. Kept his head, and his intensity, up. Fair play to him.

Thing is he gives the ball away a lot but no more than any one else( well midfield and forwards anyway), difference is he plays in front of the back 4 so it always puts us in trouble.

If Marv gives the ball away we can easily recover but if Tiote does it we are likely to concede.

I personally thought he was awful tonight, absolutely awful. I've completely lost patience with him now :(

He was not awful,  few dodgy moments but was pretty solid and was really trying to drive us on in the 2nd half.

He was absolutely shocking and constantly put his team in danger with his poor play and stupid fouls.  I'm losing patience with him now, and would prefer Perch in there at the moment - steady player who knows his limitations.