Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

• 1 month later...

I thought last season was one of his better seasons here tbh.

Aye, don't think we could afford to lose him without a replacement, especially with Sissoko seemingly set to be left aimlessly wandering down the right.

We need a player similar to Tiote in midfield, imo, and he would be missed if he left. Of course, this guy is not really the one I want given his propensities to make reckless tackles, lose the ball in dangerous areas, make overly ambitious passes, and be pulled out of defensive shape, but he is still a vital part of the team regardless. Obviously, we are not part of it, but he seems an important part of the dressing room as well. One of the longer serving players, an emotional disposition, and someone many of the new imports can look up to.

We need a player similar to Tiote in midfield, imo, and he would be missed if he left. Of course, this guy is not really the one I want given his propensities to make reckless tackles, lose the ball in dangerous areas, make overly ambitious passes, and be pulled out of defensive shape, but he is still a vital part of the team regardless. Obviously, we are not part of it, but he seems an important part of the dressing room as well. One of the longer serving players, an emotional disposition, and someone many of the new imports can look up to.

:thup:

He's not perfect but his presence and energy would be sorely missed. Also I don't think he does so many reckless tackles nor overly ambitious passes anymore. Losing the ball is the biggest problem, he's just over confident in the position he plays.

We just simply look a worse team when he isn't playing.

All fine and all but as usual for this club - if a player has an influence they have to be on the pitch 24x7 in Pardew's world and they can't be rotated or used in certain situations. But with Pardew, its all or nothing. And when its nothing, the player is treated like dog shit and essentially kicked out the club.

I am going to agree. It would be nice to have a more accomplished version of Tiote but he's the only player of his type we've got. Colback and Anita are better on the ball, but they lack physical presence and athleticism which he brings to the team. It's quite telling to me that his better games have been against the top sides where he can compete because of those qualities, I'm not sure the other two can live at that level.

I am going to agree. It would be nice to have a more accomplished version of Tiote but he's the only player of his type we've got. Colback and Anita are better on the ball, but they lack physical presence and athleticism which he brings to the team. It's quite telling to me that his better games have been against the top sides where he can compete because of those qualities, I'm not sure the other two can live at that level.

Yeah, I think he'll be difficult to replace. Anita doesn't look strong enough to me, and I'm not sure Colback is best used sitting in front of the back four.

But he's not very secure in possession and his passing is poor. He often slows the momentum of an attack down by not releasing the ball early enough or positively enough. If we're going to really improve, we need someone better in there.

Yeah, I think he'll be difficult to replace. Anita doesn't look strong enough to me, and I'm not sure Colback is best used sitting in front of the back four.

But he's not very secure in possession and his passing is poor. He often slows the momentum of an attack down by not releasing the ball early enough or positively enough. If we're going to really improve, we need someone better in there.

That's a bit like saying we could do with an quality dominating CB as an upgrade on Taylor/Williamson or a proven striker. It would be nice to have all of them but they cost money.