Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

the fee is so low because hes getting paid CL type wages.... I would imagine he is the highest earner at the club

since when was 50-60k/week CL wages?

I meant, for him to move he would want a pay-rise right? so 80-100k you need CL football to get those wages....

He is still probably our top earner at 60K+ and we can all see why we want rid, even if he is a beast on his day.

I'd be happy to see him go if whatever we got for him was reinvested in the team, which is unlikely to be the case. You'll never get anywhere with midfielders total unable to contribute to the attacking aspect of the game.

Don't really want to see him sold, which is a bit weird as I don't rate him that highly. Think it's the obviousness of the clubs policy being put into action - player edges towards 28/29 and the latter years of their deal so MUST BE SOLD to avoid losing out on that profit. Nevermind what they might offer as a player over the coming years.

I'd be happy to see him go if whatever we got for him was reinvested in the team, which is unlikely to be the case. You'll never get anywhere with midfielders total unable to contribute to the attacking aspect of the game.

I dunno That Man City team did ok with Fernandinho last year and they've just bought Fernando who's main job seems to be run around and kick people too.

Oh and didn't Real win the CL playing Pepe in midfield last year? Can't remember him dictating play, his job is simply win the ball back and give it to someone who can play.

I dunno That Man City team did ok with Fernandinho last year and they've just bought Fernando who's main job seems to be run around and kick people too.

Oh and didn't Real win the CL playing Pepe in midfield last year? Can't remember him dictating play, his job is simply win the ball back and give it to someone who can play.

Those teams play more than 1 player who is allowed in the opposition's third.

Fernandinho is a great box-to-box midfielder. Certainly not just a destroyer.

Now that everyone seems to think he can't pass water and would be no loss if sold, can I please take you all back to page 84?

Everyone doesn't think that like.

So some of you are still wrong then.

:dontknow:

Stu's reply still cracks me up:

The only thing that worries me about him is he has a very limited range of passing. I've yet to really see him even try to hit a pass more than 10 yards.

Don't get me wrong, I echo what everyone else says about him being a very good player and a bargain at the price, but I don't think he's got much creativity in his locker.

And yes, I know he's not been brought in to ping 70 yard balls across field, I just think it'd make him an even better player if he had a wider range of passing.

Just bought a new pair of shoes, really comfy and get my feet dry. Just a bit worried that they won't clean my carpet for me :undecided:

Had his moments.