Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Guest Roger Kint

Give me a break, man. A good manager would see him replaced in a second.

This. Anything over £7m and we should sell and replace. Had an argument with that TF knacker Martin over it, he said the club will be trying to cash in big on Tiote this year, as if anyone would pay big for him or that we should mind if they did.

Guest neesy111

Wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to flog him due to his age and lack of resale value if we keep him. All about the money.

The player might also want out, wouldn't be too surprising.

Wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to flog him due to his age and lack of resale value if we keep him. All about the money.

The player might also want out, wouldn't be too surprising.

Absolutely - he has been here for every minute of Pardew's "reign".

Anything near £10m we should sell and re-invest - ideally in Capoue or Grenier but someone who can pass and keep the ball

What's that?

It's adding to the 9 signings we've made so far.

Got to say double figures and we need to move him on. His age, his limitations, his intelligence (or lack of) however he'd need replacing, Colback isn't good enough in that role.

Anything near £10m we should sell and re-invest - ideally in Capoue or Grenier but someone who can pass and keep the ball

What's that?

It's adding to the 9 signings we've made so far.

Got to say double figures and we need to move him on. His age, his limitations, his intelligence (or lack of) however he'd need replacing, Colback isn't good enough in that role.

Doesn't matter as far as the club is concerned Colback will be starting weather we keep Tiote or not.

Have we learnt nothing? :lol: I'd happily let him go for £8-10m if we were to reinvest. That won't happen though. We'll be stuck with Anita/Colback/Abeid and Sissoko hopelessly stranded out wide. Without a like-for-like replacement we're horrendously weak in the middle.

Have we learnt nothing? :lol: I'd happily let him go for £8-10m if we were to reinvest. That won't happen though. We'll be stuck with Anita/Colback/Abeid and Sissoko hopelessly stranded out wide. Without a like-for-like replacement we're horrendously weak in the middle.

:snod:

It beggars belief like. By all means sell him for £10m or £5m, but at this point in time neither Colback or Anita can offer what he does. There'll be games where we need someone who can shut down one of the opposition midfielders and I wouldn't fancy either of those are physically capable of stopping a Yaya Toure.

It beggars belief like. By all means sell him for £10m or £5m, but at this point in time neither Colback or Anita can offer what he does. There'll be games where we need someone who can shut down one of the opposition midfielders and I wouldn't fancy either of those are physically capable of stopping a Yaya Toure.

Quite agree but they can fill the space he leaves though. The person in charge of the team is spectacularly thick so, in his mind, they'll be able to do the same job.

We aren't run like a normal football club where the needs of the team are paramount. We need to cash in and make as much money as possible and the specific needs of the team trail in a very poor second place. He'll go and we'll be up, net, for transfers for 2014. Job done. 

I'm not sure that Tiote does that either.

I'm not sure that Tiote does that either.

That's because he's seen as a box to box midfielder by Pardew rather than a midfield destroyer which is what he is more suited to. How many times was he playing in front of Cabaye in the last two seasons? Colback and Anita would be ok as sitting midfielders, but if they go further up the pitch they just wouldn't have the legs to stay with some of the more athletic midfielders in the prem if we lost possession.

Tiote doesnt sit in front of a back four because he can't play it out and he doesn't have the discipline to plug the gaps at the back. He isn't effective as a DM in my opinion. Hell have games where hell dominate physically for sure, but against better players just charging around isn't useful. He looks more and more limited as the years go by.

I like him a lot as a person and he never hides but ultimately I think we should move away from the idea of a midfield hardman, especially one whose game is either all or nothing. Smart team pressing is better than relying on one player to win the ball back.

If he's replaced, sell. If not, keep. Either way. I'd rather he not start.

Ironically enough, the one game I'd want him for in our first ten fixtures is Sunday where it looks like he will miss out.

Against Man City we could use his physicality and his ability to generally spoil in the middle of the pitch.