Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/pardew-has-back-up-plan-if-tiote-leaves-but-is-confident-of-keeping-him-at-newcastle-united-1-6799621

“I’m a big fan of Cheik – I love the way he plays and the passion he plays with – and he’s been a important part of the success here.

“The players we’ve got round him this year will highlight his game a little bit more.”

I missed a lot of games in the second part of last season. Was there success?

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/pardew-has-back-up-plan-if-tiote-leaves-but-is-confident-of-keeping-him-at-newcastle-united-1-6799621

“I’m a big fan of Cheik – I love the way he plays and the passion he plays with – and he’s been a important part of the success here.

“The players we’ve got round him this year will highlight his game a little bit more.”

I missed a lot of games in the second part of last season. Was there success?

Won the Gozza Cup, marra.

One thing I notice about Tiote is that, even though he is a very limited passer, he looks for and demands the ball an awful lot. It's an admirable trait to try and get on the ball as much as possible and not to let a game pass you by but it generally doesn't do any good because he passes backwards or sideways nearly every time

Would be sad to see Tiote go. Seems to really care about the club which is rare with the current lot. We really miss him in games he doesn't play as well due to how negatively we're set up we need someone who can actually win the ball back which can't be said about nearly all our midfielders.

I would be sad to see him go more because of his passion and personality than what he gives to the team ( although I think the criticsm he gets here sometimes is a bit ott)

If we get a replacement in with a bit more creativity than ok otherwise I woukd rather see him stay

I'd be happy to see him go if whatever we got for him was reinvested in the team, which is unlikely to be the case. You'll never get anywhere with midfielders total unable to contribute to the attacking aspect of the game.

I dunno That Man City team did ok with Fernandinho last year and they've just bought Fernando who's main job seems to be run around and kick people too.

Oh and didn't Real win the CL playing Pepe in midfield last year? Can't remember him dictating play, his job is simply win the ball back and give it to someone who can play.

:lol:

• 4 weeks later...

I'd be happy to see him go if whatever we got for him was reinvested in the team, which is unlikely to be the case. You'll never get anywhere with midfielders total unable to contribute to the attacking aspect of the game.

I dunno That Man City team did ok with Fernandinho last year and they've just bought Fernando who's main job seems to be run around and kick people too.

Oh and didn't Real win the CL playing Pepe in midfield last year? Can't remember him dictating play, his job is simply win the ball back and give it to someone who can play.

Horrible post.

Pepe only played in midfield under Jose against Barca and no they obviously didn't win the CL. RM spent most of the season playing a midfield 3 of Alonso, Di Maria & Modric. Won the CL playing Modric/Alonso against Bayern and Modric/Isco when they won.

Fernandinho's a very talented player who could actually play the Yaya role in a midfield 2 pretty well himself. He's no Tiote like.