Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Anita has performed well when he's been given a run in the team. Tiote is always put straight back in as soon as he's fit again, and is supposedly our midfield warrior who helps to shield the back four; except he's much better at gifting the opposition possession and being woefully out of position most of the time.

Just because Tiote has cut back on the yellow cards a tad, quite a few people believe Pardew's guff that he's suddenly a disciplined and reliable player. He isn't.

I think ineffective is generous, tbh. I wouldn't massively disagree with that analysis though.

He's quite detrimental to our play most of the time. Again, this is Pardew's stupid infatuation with Tiote and having him on the team sheet every week, no matter who the opposition are, home and away.

His debut at Everton showed he was a player who could retain possession, play short passes, win tackles, and generally spoil when we're under the cosh. He doesn't really fulfil any of those four functions properly on even a semi-regular basis anymore.

I think ineffective is generous, tbh. I wouldn't massively disagree with that analysis though.

He's quite detrimental to our play most of the time. Again, this is Pardew's stupid infatuation with Tiote and having him on the team sheet every week, no matter who the opposition are, home and away.

His debut at Everton showed he was a player who could retain possession, play short passes, win tackles, and generally spoil when we're under the cosh. He doesn't really fulfil any of those four functions properly on even a semi-regular basis anymore.

Guaranteed to lose the ball in his own half at least twice a game as well.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Guaranteed to lose the ball in his own half at least twice a game as well.

His opinion of himself seems quite high if he thinks Arsenal are desperate to sign him.

I'm not entirely sure, even after a few years, exactly what he brings to the team. Charging around, making some tackles and picking up stupid yellow cards is usually the norm, but seldom are there any key passes or progressive movement getting the ball up the pitch. He's had some great games, but really they are few and far between. I seem to remember Ajax fans taking the piss seeing Tiote praised and Anita stuck on the bench, and that's completely reflective of this shit cunts gameplan and overall approach to football; get the tackles in, charge around, et al. Top level players with these kind of attributes actually have footballing ability to bring to the table too, and I just don't think Tiote has that - those stupid hollywood balls and long passes he tried a couple of seasons back man. All of the 'SHOOOOOOT' stuff too :anguish:

Any manager who plans on having the game played on the deck with intelligence would have Anita in midfield over Tiote. I think it's fair to say he has been ineffective, and I'd be interested to see how he'd play under a competent manager, but players like him are slowly becoming obsolete and it's easy to see why.

Linked as Toure's replacement in Jan in the Daily Mail.

I think they are in for a surprise if City intend to replace Toure with Tiote. Although I suspect it's just lazy journal(rac)ism: "scary black midfielder to replace another scary black midfielder".

Linked as Toure's replacement in Jan in the Daily Mail.

I think they are in for a surprise if City intend to replace Toure with Tiote. Although I suspect it's just lazy journal(rac)ism: "scary black midfielder to replace another scary black midfielder".

"scary black midfielder"  :lol:

VI chill!