Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

We all knew it would be epic when he did eventually score. Anyone think it would be this epic? :lol:

at 0-4 my mate said he's like tiote to score even a concolation as he was playing that well. i said no, i want his first goal to mean something and not be a consolation. well, it was.

We all knew it would be epic when he did eventually score. Anyone think it would be this epic? :lol:

Nope - everything about it was class, the occasion, the quality and the celebration topped it of - he loved that goal, proper loved it

Who do you reckon looked more over the moon with their first goal, him or Jose?

http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/sp/empics/20110205/18/1888009086-05022011182426.jpg

Is there a higher res version available?

I'd imagine the club will have a couple on Flickr later. :)

Blatantly copying Willem Defoe from Platoon, although Tiote would just get stronger (and a bit more irritated) after being shot 1500 times.

On a sour note, Arsene Wenger would have to be stark raving mad not to put a bid in for Tiote in the summer. Been ridiculously good in both fixtures and been instrumental in taking five points off them that I'm sure Wenger had pencilled in as certs. :(

On a sour note, Arsene Wenger would have to be stark raving mad not to put a bid in for Tiote in the summer. Been ridiculously good in both fixtures and been instrumental in taking five points off them that I'm sure Wenger had pencilled in as certs. :(

Nah, Wenger has shown time and again that he's not one for tackling no matter what.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Agreed

It could be very similar to the Carroll situation

Arsenal get 40 million off Barca for Cesc and they pay well over the odds for Cheick

Nope - everything about it was class, the occasion, the quality and the celebration topped it of - he loved that goal, proper loved it

Who do you reckon looked more over the moon with their first goal, him or Jose?

Tiote for sure, Jose's goal was class BUT this was epic and his reaction summed it up - bit too far up to see for certain BUT it looked like he wiped away a tear, class

Tiote has got to be priceless to us, he's the type of player we should look to build a team around.

I heard that for another player only one week ago.

True. I wonder if that's why Llambias had his trembling hand held in front of his mouth at that point in the game? Maybe he's getting all excited about the price going up now that Tiote's scored a Goal of the Season contender...

:shifty: