Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

I was mad, when he gave a freekick for that beautiful piece of tackling. Furious, when he gave a red card.

Liked the commentator after the replay though; "If that's a red card, every midfielder and defender that ever makes a tackle, just have to hang up their boots"

Tiote looked way too fired up from the minute he came on the pitch. He was an accident waiting to happen.

Looking at the tackle again, it wasn't as bad as I first thought, but it was still reckless. If you leave the ground like that, most refs will give a red.

Having said that, he wasn't helped by the Stevenage player's reaction. I don't think he was hurt at all. He playacted to get the most out of the situation.

IF we appeal can he not play whilst its going on?

mind FA will rush it through anyway before SMB game, we still need to ask anyway

They won't 'rush it through'. Appeals are always heard in the week after the game with the sending off. It's not some vendetta against Newcastle, it was deemed a dangerous challenge and it won't be rescinded. I don't know who is more to blame, Tiote for even contemplating doing it, or Pardew for sticking him on the first place.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Tiote is always going to be pretty much on the verge of losing his temper, he's a great player but he's going to pick up a lot of cards. Just a shame about the timing.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

What half decent holding players going for peanuts are there?  As this is what we need more than left back cover.

Glenn Whelan :facepalm:

Guest daveaha

Catastrophic decision bringing him on. 

Agreed.  What's the point of bringing him on ?  A defensive mid for another one ? I thought we're trying to score !

Bringing Tiote on was the right decision from an individual game perspective because we were just hoofing it because there was no midfield support to our defence when they were on the ball and to turn the game around we needed to pass it. Although of course the risk of a suspension/injury may have been too big.

There were many other problems today but I didn't think that was one, although it ended badly of course.

I've been begging for the FA to be cutting down on dangerous tackling. It was timed to perfection in this case, cos Tiote's boss, but it's still dangerous play. He only has to be a second out for it to be a season-threatening challenge. Can't see it getting overturned and, if i were a neutral, i probably wouldn't want it to be either. :undecided:

A bit narked with the lad tbh, pretty naive.

Massive, MASSIVE loss.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

At 2-0 when he came on, there was no chance we were getting back into it. You could just tell the spirit of the players wasn't there, it wasn't working, there was no point bringing him on

I've been begging for the FA to be cutting down on dangerous tackling. It was timed to perfection in this case, cos Tiote's boss, but it's still dangerous play. He only has to be a second out for it to be a season-threatening challenge. Can't see it getting overturned and, if i were a neutral, i probably wouldn't want it to be either. :undecided:

A bit narked with the lad tbh, pretty naive.

Massive, MASSIVE loss.

:thup:

:facepalm:

Not a cat in hell's chance that will be overturned.  And now we're totally fucked for next week.  Mint.

Should never have been on the field to make the tackle.

I can understand wrapping him up in cotton wool if we were concerned about his injury but we should trust a professional footballer to not get sent off man. It shouldn't have been a red for starters but if people were worried about him doing something like that tonight, then what chance of him staying on the pitch in a derby up against that dirty prick Cattermole?

I can understand wrapping him up in cotton wool if we were concerned about his injury but we should trust a professional footballer to not get sent off man. It shouldn't have been a red for starters but if people were worried about him doing something like that tonight, then what chance of him staying on the pitch in a derby up against that dirty prick Cattermole?

... who isn't playing to be fair.

Guest neesy111

Tiote needs to learn big time not to do stupid stuff like that.  The decision to bring him on is a seperate decision, but to go in like that is crazy.

Cattermole's out and he managed to behave perfectly well last time around.

Guest Heneage

Cattermole's out isn't he?

i admit it was a big risk diving in, but the fact he got the ball and timed it perfectly is a joke. The fact Keegan was trying to justify the red was fucking cringe.