Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Guest andyburn

Reading about him in that Independent article, he mentions his beginnings with FC Bibo...now if I were an astute chairman, (but then I wouldn't be at Newcastle...) I would pay for their club to get here and have a game, thereby getting a relationship off the ground which would help them financially, and perhaps supply us with a few decent players in the long term.   I can dream.....

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew has announced that he fears losing Ivory Coast star Cheik Tiote this summer.

“I am hoping there are no bids, ­otherwise we will have a problem,” Pardew told Sky Sports.

“Tiote is a very important player, very talented and someone we want to be a big part of our future.”

“When I became ­manager, they (Ashley and Llambias) made me aware that they wanted to get the club on a financial footing, which gives them a chance to build it.

“But we like to think, certainly I have that ambition, that in two or three years’ time, if we can sustain our ­status and keep getting the TV ­money invested wisely, that we can hold off that next bid which might be for Cheick in 18 months’ time or so.”

Tiote scored Newcastle’s equaliser in Saturday’s dramatic 4-4 draw with title-chasing Arsenal

Fuck sake there are bound to be bids.  So what's the point in letting great finds go as soon as some plastic fucking club wants them?

Sounds like he knows what they are intending should a bid come in.

Guest sicko2ndbest

This was from Fridays press conference covered about 20 pages back

What else do you want him to say. He was obviously asked about tiote coming back in the side and whether he was worried about an Andy Carroll type sale. What is he supposed to say. He is a nufc player and not for sale. He's been burned once on this front

I wish Pardew would shut the fuck up, does he just sit round giving interviews to anyone that will listen seems everyday he's advertising our player to other clubs.

obvious Pardew has been brought in to help Ashley sell off the squad .