Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Wait, now I haven't looked at page 141 as of yet...  But, did somebody really compare Tiote to one of the best midfielders of the contemporary footballing age? 

:lol: *

*repeat ∞ (possibly a shaking head / facepalm / embarrassed smiley might pop-up somewhere)

Maybe not the best midfielder we've ever had, but to think back to last Summer and how we would be going into the season with Alan Smith unless we signed someone...

He's as close to a perfect signing as you can get.

Maybe not the best midfielder we've ever had, but to think back to last Summer and how we would be going into the season with Alan Smith unless we signed someone...

He's as close to a perfect signing as you can get.

He is immense. His passing skills is unbelievable, especially when you consider that he's a defensive midfielder. Because he's able to execute pinpoint passing even under severe pressure, that enables us to keep the ball to a greater degree. Because Tiote win the war in the central midfield, the opponents players are constantly running between us. Before we had to substitute Loven and Best, I think we had the ball 67% of the time in 2nd half. The match against Blackburn was even a better example of this..They weren't allowed into the game because of him.

He got 4 years left of his contract. So we're not forced to sell him. IMO he's the best dm in the league. So he won't be sold unless money is hurled at us. Because the regulations will be enforced after the closing if the coming transfer window, we will see some panic buys from the likes of chelsea and city. So he will cost at least £30 mill.

Guest TheSummerOf69

Because the regulations will be enforced after the closing if the coming transfer window, we will see some panic buys from the likes of chelsea and city. So he will cost at least £30 mill.

The Financial Fair Play regulations are kind of already here, in terms of players bought. The transfer fee gets divided up over the length of the contract - so a £30m player signed on a 5 year contract will have £6m a year cost (+ his wages, of course) shown on the club's balance  for each of those 5 years.

Clubs can't just go and splash the cash this summer and think it leaves them ahead of the game for the regulations starting.

Guest Roger Kint

Whoever discovered this bloke is a genius like.

Tony Cottee(think it was him commentating) mentioned KK scouted him at Roda and Hughton followed up on it.

Guest bmoregeordie

i know i've said this before, but the more i see him, the more he reminds me of essien in his prime.

can control the midfield, tackle, pass with accuracy, hold the ball under pressure, and his foot packs a mighty wallop when he gets a shot lined up.

Guest Heneage

To the tune of 'Yesterday' by the Beatles.

'Tiote, the best midfielder in the league Today, I'm so glad he chose to leave Twente, oh I believe in our Tiote'.

According to skysports he got 10 YC now, is he banned for the next match?

Wrong, he had 9 yellows before the match against Bham. Was not booked in that game, so he should play against Bolton. 9 cards also stated by PL-statistics, which should settle the discussion:

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Statistics/0,,12306,00.html

2nd for most fouls  :celb:

Player Team Fouls

1 Kevin Davies Bolton 79

2 Cheik Tiote Newcastle 53

3 Tim Cahill Everton 50

4 Hendry Thomas Wigan Athletic 49

5 Fernando Torres Chelsea 46

6 Didier Drogba Chelsea 44

7 Alex Song Arsenal 44

8 Luke Varney Blackpool 44

9 Charlie Adam Blackpool 43

10 Mohamed Diame Wigan Athletic 43

11 Andrew Carroll Newcastle 41

12 Clint Dempsey Fulham 41

13 Leiva Lucas Liverpool 41

14 Fabrice Muamba Bolton 41

15 Youssouf Mulumbu WBA 38

16 Robert Huth Stoke City 36

17 Rory Delap Stoke City 35

18 Joey Barton Newcastle 34

19 Christophe Berra Wolves 34

20 Marouane Fellaini Everton 34

According to skysports he got 10 YC now, is he banned for the next match?

Wrong, he had 9 yellows before the match against Bham. Was not booked in that game, so he should play against Bolton. 9 cards also stated by PL-statistics, which should settle the discussion:

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Statistics/0,,12306,00.html

2nd for most fouls  :celb:

Player Team Fouls

1 Kevin Davies Bolton 79

2 Cheik Tiote Newcastle 53

3 Tim Cahill Everton 50

4 Hendry Thomas Wigan Athletic 49

5 Fernando Torres Chelsea 46

6 Didier Drogba Chelsea 44

7 Alex Song Arsenal 44

8 Luke Varney Blackpool 44

9 Charlie Adam Blackpool 43

10 Mohamed Diame Wigan Athletic 43

11 Andrew Carroll Newcastle 41

12 Clint Dempsey Fulham 41

13 Leiva Lucas Liverpool 41

14 Fabrice Muamba Bolton 41

15 Youssouf Mulumbu WBA 38

16 Robert Huth Stoke City 36

17 Rory Delap Stoke City 35

18 Joey Barton Newcastle 34

19 Christophe Berra Wolves 34

20 Marouane Fellaini Everton 34

That's fucking shocking amount of fouls.

How many times has Davies been suspended this season?