Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

The Tiote turn is nothing like the Parker pirouette. Tiote does it to escape an encroaching player and power forward into space. Parker did it cos his vision was shite and didn't know what to do with the ball. Cheick's actually got a fair burst of accelleration too - which Parker didn't have.

or because he had few options to pass to due the shite nature of our team at the time.

The Parker Pirouette looks really gay as well thanks to his limp wrists and flappy 1960's hairdo.

There is nothing Tiote could do to look gay.

He could play in a pair of high heels and a mini skirt and still look straight as fuck :lol:

The Parker Pirouette looks really gay as well thanks to his limp wrists and flappy 1960's hairdo.

There is nothing Tiote could do to look gay.

He could play in a pair of high heels and a mini skirt and still look straight as f*** :lol:

Or even if he didn't, no one would be telling him otherwise :lol:

If he hadn't been suspended he probably would have burned out, can't remember him missing a single game with injury.

Someone's going to Tiote me after suggesting he could burn-out.

I think you have a fair point and was thinking the same when he came back after his 3 match ban.

I think a few will, I hope they don't but patience can be a bit short with some fans and once it starts running a bit thin these are the sorts of things he will be picked apart for.

I along with the majority thought Parker was absolutely brilliant for us his first season but then he got his illness, struggled to get back to his earlier form and his "spinning" (ie having absolutely no options at all and being taught under Jose not to just make a pass for the sake of it) was suddenly this massive issue. Don't think Parker was nearly as bad as he was made out to be at the end but he became a target, he should have kept his head in regards to reactions from certain sections of the ground but the criticism went too far imo.

Tiote is a much better player but if we really start to struggle I think he could go the same way due to the nature of his game (not making a pass just to get rid, always being involved, getting cards because of the way he plays etc..).

I was a fan of Parker but he wasn't in the same class as Tiote.  Parker was spinning to play the ball backwards or sideways, Tiote does it and takes his marker out and is always looking to get the ball forwards, I don't see that changing.

Parker would turn back, then forwards, then back, then forwards and it was because he was rarely given options :lol:

A little similar to Milner not putting he ball in without beating his man 12 times, the fact we only have a 3ft 7 Obafemi Martins in the box went unnoticed a lot of the time "just get it in there FFS!".

Anyway this is going down a path I can't be bothered to venture onto :lol:

I can just see a minority getting frustrated with Tiote because when we go through a rocky patch he will be a leading candidate to turn it around.

You're far more insightful than a lot of people would realise :) keep it up :thup:

Parker used to spin and spin then give it away or lose it.. Tiote does it to find space and make the right pass.. its part of his game that I adore.

Parker was massively indecisive, okay at times there was zero movement to gives him a option but there is a HUGE difference between the Parker spin & the Tiote spin. He does it to great affect  creates himself space and time, gets him out of sticky situations, makes him always available for an out ball and the other players are confident they can play it to him even under pressure.

How do the bookings work after his next ban?  If he gets another five before the end of the season does he get a 1 or 2 game ban?

Gets three matches then doesn't he?

Obviously, if that happened, and he missed 9 matches suspended this season that's kinda unacceptable.

This and his "spinning" thing is the reason I think a few might turn on him in the next year.

To be fair some of them have been soft bookings and i love the Tiote spin.