Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Seemed to thrive when we went to our 5-2-2. It was like Pardew said "INSTRUCTIONS: BE THE FUCKING MAN" and he did.

Covered absolutely loads of ground as well. Shame about the misplaced passes, but that seemed a common theme across the team today.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Not his best game today but he was targeted by Bolton they tried very hard to not allow him any time or space, looked frustrated late on when he was short of options with our lack of movement.

Wasn't the only one. Its this that leads to errors from him, as he wants to complete a pass everytime. It looks like he's dwelling, but there's really no one to pass to at times. Could do with learning when to just clear it though.

Canny Assist. Wish people would stop saying SHOOOOOOT at him, bless him , he might think we're booing him.

Aye, i always think that when people shout things remotely like BOO.

Ruuuuud springs to mind from Man Utd fans (well it did when i was a bairn)

Not sure where people are getting this 'not his best game' from. He covered every balde of grass and broke up  every attack they put together. So he give tghe ball away a couple of times... when he is alongside Nolan he is doing the job of two men, this will happen. Was top class today, we need this bloke so badly.

Doesn't help when his team mates pile unnecessary pressure on him, saw at least two occasions yesterday where Tiote passed to someone who immediately returned the ball to him despite the fact he already had a man on him.

I'd say some of the team rely on him too much at times, add to that a slightly off day on his part and we'll see a fair few mistakes. Overall he's still solid though.

Hypothetical question but if one had to leave, Enrique or Tiote , which one would you rather keep?

No doubt in my mind, I would have kept Tiote. Easy choice too, even if Enrique had signed a similar contract. Tiote is very unique as a DM. It's not very often you see a man in dm position with such passing skills. That particular skill of his, brings a whole new dimension to our play. He can act both as a creative and defensive force. Enrique on the other hand is more replaceable: Todays football demands more and more from backs when it comes to contributing forward: So will not be hard to find lb that could even contribute more in the offensive play than Enrique. Enrique still have some concentration problems. His strength is in his stamina and his ability man against man defensively. But we got to remember how much help Jonas is giving him defensively. It could be hard to find a back that has the same physical presence, but I think our game will hurt even more if Tiote doesn''t play. He makes Nolan, Colo and Williamson better too. And we've only won 12% of the games he's not been playing.

Guest Loven11

Canny Assist. Wish people would stop saying SHOOOOOOT at him, bless him , he might think we're booing him.

Me father kept asking me why are they booing him, I said we're not, we're saying shoot so yeah can see where you're coming from with that.

Pity he cost us another goal yday.

Tiote was not the reason for our goal. Colo should never hit that pass in the first place. Tiote stood only a couple of yards away and was under pressure. Second, the shot was not hard or well placed. In other words, Harper should have saved it.

Pity he cost us another goal yday.

Tiote was not the reason for our goal. Colo should never hit that pass in the first place. Tiote stood only a couple of yards away and was under pressure. Second, the shot was not hard or well placed. In other words, Harper should have saved it.

:lol:

Give over man.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Hypothetical question but if one had to leave, Enrique or Tiote , which one would you rather keep?

Tiote, offers more to the team imo.