Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

The Londoner added: “I think it has been the toughest selections I have had to make.

There will be no Cheick and that gives us a problem against Man United.

“As good as Danny Guthrie has been, he is a different type of player.

“I have to make sure we have a fighting chance of winning this game.”

Guthrie has not trained all week and Pardew has concerns about whether he has the stamina to see the high-octane fixture against Man United through.

He added: “Danny has not been 100%.

“He went into the Man City game with a slight injury and he will have to take that into the Man United game.

“Whether he can last the game we will have to wait and see.”

Guest Geordiesned

Tiote's injury was described in this mornings Journal as being knee ligaments. Starting to worry about this one a bit. The club probably think if they keep telling us he'll be out one more week every week we won't notice when he's eventually been out 3 months!

Tiote's injury was described in this mornings Journal as being knee ligaments. Starting to worry about this one a bit. The club probably think if they keep telling us he'll be out one more week every week we won't notice when he's eventually been out 3 months!

He's back in full training.

Guest Geordiesned

I thought someone had already said he doesn't feature in any training pics and Pardew has already said he's out tomorrow?

I thought someone had already said he doesn't feature in any training pics and Pardew has already said he's out tomorrow?

You can see him training in recent nufcTV videos, although that may be old footage.

He is out tomorrow but someone posted on here yesterday he's back in full training.

Psychological warfare. Tiote will be fit.

We've said this for weeks :lol:

It's becoming one of the forum things, "nah he didn't really break his leg in eight places, we are just trying to throw Bolton off the scent" :lol:

Injuries often take time and especially anything to do with ligaments. Even if he's been training in the week there's a difference between that and going into full battle against Man U at Old Trafford. Furthermore if you put someone into a match who isn't 100% you risk further injury.

I see nothing odd about his absence other than pure disappointment.