Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Guest Roger Kint

Can players fly back from tournaments during transfer windows to sign for a different club?

He has a game 30 Jan. Your deadline day sale would be pretty unlikely unless there are frequent flights out of Gabon to UK. Either way i cant see it happening after the ACN starts.

Can players fly back from tournaments during transfer windows to sign for a different club?

He has a game 30 Jan. Your deadline day sale would be pretty unlikely unless there are frequent flights out of Gabon to UK. Either way i cant see it happening after the ACN starts.

Jolly good.

Lucas out for the season. King Kenny to bid £50 million for him in January?

What I do find a bit weird was how confident he apparently was at the time of the City match of playing against Man Utd. And I don't mean in the media, I mean to someone on here. :lol:

Two weeks later and we're still none the wiser.

What I do find a bit weird was how confident he apparently was at the time of the City match of playing against Man Utd. And I don't mean in the media, I mean to someone on here. :lol:

Could have just had a setback? With Pardew saying it's 'nagging', could just be it's not quite healing as well as they thought it would?

Could have just had a setback? With Pardew saying it's 'nagging', could just be it's not quite healing as well as they thought it would?

The logical explanation!  If this was someone like Simpson or Best, I doubt many would be getting worked up over it.  The fact it's one of our best, most valuable players is making everyone a bit paranoid and on edge.

Have to say I am dreading the transfer window and I do think Tiote will be sold, either in Jan or in the summer.

More importantly, as much as I think Guthrie's done really well, I think Cabaye plays far better with Cheik and doesn't sit as deep, he is far more effective higher up the pitch.  Hope Tiote plays sooner rather than later.  Could have done with him against Chelsea, think we're going to stuggle to keep hold of it against their midfield 3.

Regardless of this injury in my opinion (and yes it's a pessimistic one) he's as good as gone come January. Ashley knows he can get plenty of £££££ for him in the Jan sales and the temptation to sell will be too great. Thing is we'll need a replacement so even if Carr uncovers another shrewd signing that's going to cost us 6-9m say (if we even sign a replacement). So is the profit from the sale worth it when you consider for each place you finish up the league you reap millions plus the money from swelled attendances that goes with a team performing well, something Tiote contributes massively too.

What with the Carroll money banked, and the lack of cash spent on signings we don't need to sell but it just seems too enticing for Ashley imo. It's easy money for him and for that reason I think Tiote is gone.

I'd love to be proved wrong obviously, and if Tiote has had his head turned over swelled contracts and wanted to leave then thats another issue but we could be in the strange position of beating Chelsea on sat and being 4 points clear going into the rest of the December fixtures with a team with great unity and spirit, the polar opposite to Chelsea it seems and still end up selling Tiote to them anyway.