Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Good performance today, it's a shame so many shots fell to him though ;D I bet Cabaye would've loved those!

I'd ban the pair of them from shooting from range after today's showing, wasted so many chances. Fine them alladyke style.

Thought he played well today. Was all over the pitch putting in tackles. It's a shame most the loose balls on the edge of the box fell to him though :lol:

Hoping he carries this form on until the end of the season, will be vital next Monday.

Watch his face go all wobbly and s*** during the HD replay.

It's clear he took a blow to the mouth.

I know he got hit in the face BUT he could easily have stayed on his feet, it did not knock him down BUT I am glad he did go down because it may have slightly helped the ref make the right decision

Identical situation to the Barton-Gervinho incident earlier in the season.

Definite red. Definite exaggeration of contact.

Sad thing is, with the shitty refereeing and things Dean missed second half, if Tiote hadn't reacted Sess  might not have gone (and for the record, he should have gone for raising his arm). Not especially nice, I know, but not the same as Suarez-esque "no contact/intent but fifteen roly-polies".

spot on

Dislike that reaction like, embarrassing TBH.

Tiote is a sucker for play acting,should get it out of his system although Sunderland were dirty and deserved to be a man down even before sessegnon went

No way the smack in the face hurt THAT much ffs, if that happened to you in a nightclub or something would you go down screaming and holding your face? Would you fuck.

Deserved red but was pretty embarrassing from Tiote IMO.

Indeed. Could have gone down briefly to draw attention to the contact, but no need to act like you've been shot in the neck.

That said, if it guaranteed the dismissal and subsequently the rescuing of a point, I'm not complaining! :lol:

He made a meal of it, but so did the mackem that got Cabaye booked for what looked like minimal contact. In fact so do many players who get any kind of challenge at all. Its all very cringeworthy.

It's ridiculous for any pundit to be focusing on gamesmanship by someone who has been punched just after Arsenal have conceded two penalties in two weeks from players who went down without being touched at all.

All Tiote did was highlight an offence that was already a red card. Bale and Suarez got penalties when there was no foul. That is a much higher level of cheating.

He made a meal of it, but so did the mackem that got Cabaye booked for what looked like minimal contact. In fact so do many players who get any kind of challenge at all. Its all very cringeworthy.

It's ridiculous for any pundit to be focusing on gamesmanship by someone who has been punched just after Arsenal have conceded two penalties in two weeks from players who went down without being touched at all.

All Tiote did was highlight an offence that was already a red card. Bale and Suarez got penalties when there was no foul. That is a much higher level of cheating.

Indeed, in fact I would not regard what Tiote did as cheating, yes he went down easily and made a meal of it BUT it was a sending off, if Tiote making a meal of it helped the ref make his decision (the RIGHT decision) then no issues with that

No way the smack in the face hurt THAT much ffs, if that happened to you in a nightclub or something would you go down screaming and holding your face? Would you fuck.

Depends if the ref sees it or not?

So it's OK to playact then?

Depends if the ref sees it or not?

So it's OK to playact then?

In a nightclub? no, not if you're a real man

In an ideal world, Tiote shouldn't have to react the way he has done to ensure Sessegnon was sent off.  But let's remember that Sessegnon was the guy who hit Tiote and it was undeniably a red card offence.  If Tiote feels he has to exaggerate the contact to ensure that Sessegnon is sent off, I can't see that there is much wrong with that.

It is only a completely different level to a) the actual striking by Sessegnon/tackle by Cattermole and b) feigning injury when no contact has actually been made.

Going down when you don't have to is really bad for me, I hate to see our players doing it. What Tiote did wasn't nice at all IMO, and I'm not comfortable with it.

Problem is that if you're hit in the face and don't go down, then the attacker gets away with it and your own team suffers. I don't like what Tiote did but I understand it and it's not as bad as diving when there's been no contact at all, or moving your leg towards an opponent to make sure you get touched, for example.

Rules are rules and if you punch/thump someone it's a straight red. Pathetic thump to be fair and i really hate all the playacting. Undoubtably a red card.

Playacting and cheating is becoming a bigger and bigger part of the game. This needs to be stamped out as it is clearly pathetic. Unfortunately it's set up so those players who do not do it will be at a disadvantage to those who do. The only way round it is more retrospective punishments which i would be in favour of. i.e. panels review games and if some player rolls round claiming he was fouled when he clearly hasn't been touched/hardly touched in order to get someone sent off or gain a freekick/penalty then ban him for a game or two and fine him to finance the panel with any excess going to football charity's.

This would change it from being advantageous to make it a big disadvantage to cheat.

With Blatter in charge there little chance. We one of the few major sports without some sort of replay technology making the ref's job near impossible to get right. They would have to be superhuman ffs.

This is a man's game and this kind of thing ruins it. If your going to get sent off for thumping/punching someone you may as well make it a good one and save it for someone who really deserves it.

Can't really remember the last good dig someone got in the premiership. All fairy flicks. Pretty disappointing really  :lol:

Zidane's headbut was typically sheer class. Odious 'victim' insulted Zidane's sister and mother. Duncan ferguson headbutt also sticks out in the scottish premier league no idea what that was about. Cantona's kung fu kick on that gobby t*** also top class.

*Puts tin hat on and prepares for the self righteous PC brigade's lecturing. Yes really i know its not a good example for the bairns.

Will people now stop telling him to f***ing shoot?

This is one of my main gripes with the SJP crowd like, there was people shouting for Krul to shoot yesterday from the half way line ffs  :lol:

He can't shoot for shit like.  The Arsenal goal was a fluke, not everyone since that have gone out for a goalkick/throw in.  Doesn't mean he isn't awesome.

This is one of my main gripes with the SJP crowd like, there was people shouting for Krul to shoot yesterday from the half way line ffs  :lol:

One of my main gripes with the SJP crowd is the people who take "shoooooooooot" seriously.

One of my main gripes with the SJP crowd is the people who take "shoooooooooot" seriously.

Yeah - I don't think it actually made Krul think 'they've got a point there, might have a pop from here'.