Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Aye thought his performance yesterday was really good. The silly mistakes, misplaced passes and foibles people will obviously fixate upon were, for me, vastly outweighed by the control he brought to the team.

The difference with him in the middle is astounding. He is a virtuoso at engineering the ball out of a congested zone. Occasionally, he'll overplay it, but more often than not he will do it with enough conviction and authority that when he receives the ball - the opposition team will begin retreating, ready to begin defending their half of the pitch. This obviously reduces the pressue on our back line to boot it long and allows us to build from the back.

It's something which can't be overestimated. Teams rightfully fear him.*

* - (except Neil)

Absolutely. I feel like hitting my head off a brick wall when I see people carping about his little turns or the odd misplaced pass while failing to see that he strides the pitch like a behemoth, from one penalty area to the other absolutely killing the opposition. Either get some specs with long vision or shut up you mole-eyed cunts.

The difference with him in the middle is astounding. He is a virtuoso at engineering the ball out of a congested zone. Occasionally, he'll overplay it, but more often than not he will do it with enough conviction and authority that when he receives the ball - the opposition team will begin retreating, ready to begin defending their half of the pitch. This obviously reduces the pressue on our back line to boot it long and allows us to build from the back.

It's something which can't be overestimated. Teams rightfully fear him.*

* - (except Neil)

Absolutely - his very presence transforms the centre of our midfield - there were a couple of occasions last night where you could tell the opposition midfielders just didn't want to go near him, he must be an absolute nightmare to play against.

tbf, I think it hurts to play against him.

I always assumed that the overhit through balls were a rush of adrenilin. If I could beast 3 men off a ball whenever I wanted I'd think I was king kong and feel it was my right to smash the ball when I want, where I want.

Needs to stop that nonchalant flick with the outside of his boot straight to the opposition, moronic.

Yeah annoyed me a few times last night, wasn't even looking at times.

Yep. Oh and btw, anyone saying I don't appreciate the finer points of his game because him giving it away cheaply annoys me can suck my fat one. I've regularly praised him on here and was one of the chief opposers to the 'if we're gonna sell someone it should be him' brigade last season.

Pointless booking. I don't Pardew helped by allowing Man U the run of the park with his shitty non-midfield formation. Still no excuse though, it happens far too often to be excused.

Guest BooBoo

He's a liability like.

The game was gone but he had to be hooked as he was at risk of being sent off. We laugh at Sunderland's Cattermole but this guy is also treading the line constantly. It would be fine if he was bossing midfields like he did against Man Utd last year but those performances are more and more the exception.

Guest neesy111

Wasn't at his best today, that's for sure. He has trouble with the whole passion/anger thing.

Still a great - and vitally important - player, like.

He hasn't been an important player for a long time tbh.  Too many injuries to be considered that along with Saylor.

He's a liability like.

The game was gone but he had to be hooked as he was at risk of being sent off. We laugh at Sunderland's Cattermole but this guy is also treading the line constantly. It would be fine if he was bossing midfields like he did against Man Utd last year but those performances are more and more the exception.

Is he fuck man, he's absolutely crucial. He gets booked a lot, that's all. His game doesn't change for the worse when he's sat on a yellow card.

Wasn't at his best today, that's for sure. He has trouble with the whole passion/anger thing.

Still a great - and vitally important - player, like.

He hasn't been an important player for a long time tbh.  Too many injuries to be considered that along with Saylor.

How does him (or Saylor, if you want to use that example) being injured make them less important? ???

Guest neesy111

He's a liability like.

Is he fuck man, he's absolutely crucial. He gets booked a lot, that's all. His game doesn't change for the worse when he's sat on a yellow card.

:no:

Guest BooBoo

Every game he plays, he's at huge risk of getting sent off. The strange thing is, he is seemingly getting more aggressive and rash than when he first joined.

Nobody can say that the amount of yellows he picks up is acceptable.