Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

despite his 'sillyness' when he's passing and trying to turn his way out of trouble, when he was off in the second half it's ridiculous how easy it is for the opposition to cut us open with a ball from the centre of the field, really miss his energy imo.

Guest malandro

I honestly thought he was poor :undecided:.  Sounds like I need to watch the 1st half again.

I wouldn't describe it as a good performance. Very lucky not to get booked early on and then not much to do after they went down to ten. Three swings of the boot from distance isn't good play either.

I thought they took him off at halftime to avoid him getting booked and suspended, that's how he was playing.

I thought he was gash.

Needs to up his game again. Usually needs a couple of games to get going. His passing and decisionmaking yesterday was appalling. Some really late challenges as well. Needs to go back to keeping it simple and do what he does best - tackle the shit out of everyone.

Tiote today takes way too many chances. Remember at last game one particular situation where he rather turned a player with brute force instead of the easy option of a backpass. It was such a silly thing to do and is one of the things that really buggers me about him nowdays.

No matter how bad he is at times with taking chances, when he is not in that middle we look much more open, 2nd half Wigan had a fair bit of space at times in there. That rarely happens when Tiote is around

Tiote today takes way too many chances. Remember at last game one particular situation where he rather turned a player with brute force instead of the easy option of a backpass. It was such a silly thing to do and is one of the things that really buggers me about him nowdays.

No matter how bad he is at times with taking chances, when he is not in that middle we look much more open, 2nd half Wigan had a fair bit of space at times in there. That rarely happens when Tiote is around

The lad is dominant. He has presence. Wigan got a hold of the game more early in the second half because they had more time to breathe. Partly down to tactics as you can't press like we did for 90 minutes but also because we missed Tiote's presence.

Anita + Cabaye are hard workers and put a foot in but Tiote is the one who provides real steel and power.

Any midfield 3 with Tiote will not be out powered.

The lad is dominant. He has presence. Wigan got a hold of the game more early in the second half because they had more time to breathe. Partly down to tactics as you can't press like we did for 90 minutes but also because we missed Tiote's presence.

Anita + Cabaye are hard workers and put a foot in but Tiote is the one who provides real steel and power.

Any midfield 3 with Tiote will not be out powered.

Agree with this.  For all his faults, our midfield is powder puff without him.

pretty much what i was getting at after the game as well :thup:

despite his 'sillyness' when he's passing and trying to turn his way out of trouble, when he was off in the second half it's ridiculous how easy it is for the opposition to cut us open with a ball from the centre of the field, really miss his energy imo.

He completed 27 of 29 passes in the first half I think I read at halftime. He obviously needs to do some stuff better and just try to sit infront of the back four and play it simple to the fullbacks or Anita when he comes down to pick up the ball.

Tiote is still a vital part of this team, and I think if he can get a run of games going until January we will see him in much better shape for the remainder of the season.

Pards has obviously gotten through to him to cut out some of the over-aggressive tackling that gets him booked automatically. He's also slowly learning to pass it short and release quicker. His little spin-move that was so successful in his first season seems to be getting him into trouble at times. But he's doing it less than he was earlier in the season. He's passing simpler, which is great. Just needs to cut out the amount of times hes shooting, which I'm sure will come next.

He played well in that first half, much more composed and control of himself. He's so vital to our team it's ridiculous.

Now if only he could just pass the ball at goal vs. blasting it :lol:

Could have justifiably been booked twice inside the first 5 minutes.. :lol: