Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

If he can keep it simple and keep his cool he will be a useful player for us. Don't feel ready to give up on him just yet. In the right set-up, and with confidence back, he'll do well.

He has been gash for a year and a half but if he could understand and be told the right instructions there is no reason why he couldn't be an alright mid-table player for us. His game is pretty much redundant at the top level.

He holds onto the ball far too long, picks the wrong pass and has one of the worst shots i've ever seen except one flukey one. Keeps Anita who's a far better player out of the side also because our fucking shit manager feels he needs steel in the middle.

I bet everyone says I'm mental but I'd rather we sold this useless gimp than Perch. If the Wonga kit deal is a problem then he can fuck off, I know Wonga are shit but so are players that can't pass the ball 8 yards successfully and who give away so many stupid niggling fouls. If it's not a problem he can do one anyway.

1. We should this as our excuse the sell the daft cunt.

2. "Muslims are prevented from benefiting from the lending of money under Sharia Law."  Assuming this is the problem then what's the problem?  Wonga aren't owned by Muslims, and a Muslim shouldn't be using it 'cause it's against their roolz, so what does it matter to anyone?  If we were sponsored by Spam, or Magners, or Stella would they be up in arms?  Maybe but they shouldn't 'cause all of them are prohibited for Muslims too aren't they?  What's next, kicking off 'cause of the Greggs adverts and their sausage rolls?

fuckwits

Cisse and Tiote were not aware at the time of the nature of Wonga’s business and feel aggrieved the club did not inform them.

I suppose it would be too much effort for them to have done their own research into what Wonga do?

I wonder if we had a Christian player who suddenly decided Sunday was the day of rest and said he wouldn't play on a Sunday would people accept that? The same goes for a Jewish player who decided playing on a Saturday wasn't allowed.

I have no time for any religion. They may as well be saying "The magic elf at the bottom of my garden says I can't do X or Y". It reminds me of a mate at school who got told by a lass that she couldn't go out with him any more because "Jesus told her to split up with him".

:scared:

Newcastle midfielder Cheick Tiote is seeking talks with Newcastle over their Wonga kit deal.

Full story: Mail on Sunday

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2342344/Cheick-Tiote-Papiss-Cisse-concerned-new-Newcastle-Wonga-kit.html

"Cisse, signed from Freiburg in Germany for £8m in 2011, may be sold if he does not agree to wear the Wonga strip." :anguish:

Except Javi Martinez has a brain and technique.

Yes. But technique isn't the main reason he's such a great player at CM/DM. He's there primarily to break stuff up, win headers, tackle and to get moves started. Previously they started Gustavo who had a similar role but isn't as good.

You look at their midfield and its full of height, strength, power and a lot of tackle.

And there is nothing wrong with that but Tiote offers about 0.2 percent of what you describe.

His positional sense is awful, constantly gives the ball away in bad areas and lacks technique and athleticism to start attacks and drive the team forward.

Thus not good enough.

Newcastle United given a tough start against Manchester City

by Mark Douglas, The JournalJun 20 2013Add a comment

GIVEN the strife, intrigue and downright farce of this week at St James’ Park, the return of Premier League football will come as some sort of blessed relief to Newcastle United fans.

That is the theory, at least. The reality is a refreshed Manchester City await the Magpies on August 17 – and trips to the north west have not ended particularly well for Newcastle in recent seasons.

Last term’s 4-0 thrashing was a particular low point, but it is 13 years since United were victorious at Manchester City’s home.

You would probably get pretty long odds on them bucking that trend at the moment, given all that has gone on in the last week.

The fixtures were more generous to Sunderland, though, who take on poor travellers Fulham in their opening-day clash.

Two long trips follow for Paolo Di Canio’s men – at Southampton and newly-promoted Crystal Palace – but there are opportunities there for a Black Cats team which will be completely rebuilt by their new Italian hierarchy.

Other dates being rung in diaries either side of the river are October 26 – the first derby – and February 1, which is when the two teams meet at St James’ Park.

December programmes differ greatly for the two teams, with Sunderland welcoming Chelsea, Spurs and Norwich to the Stadium of Light while they trek to West Ham, Everton (on Boxing Day) and Cardiff on December 28.

Newcastle, who endured a dreadful December last term, have home games against Stoke on Boxing Day before hosting Arsenal on December 28.

They end the season at Anfield while Sunderland host Swansea.

For Cheick Tiote, there is a belief Newcastle can start well: “Every footballer is excited to see the new fixtures when they come out and I am the same.

“The first game at Manchester City is difficult start to the season but we will go there to win, of course.

“The games at the start of the season are difficult to predict, but if we have had a good pre-season we will have a very good chance of picking up points at Manchester City.

“Every team wants a strong start to the season and it is the same for us.

“West Ham will be a good first home game for us at St James' Park and then we have four or five games after that which we can get good results from to help us start the season well.

“It's very important we get this season off to a strong start because we all want to give the fans, the team and the staff something to celebrate this year, especially after last season which was disappointing.

“We do not have any European games this season and without those extra games we can be very successful because we have very good quality in the squad, very good players and team spirit.

“I am looking forward to starting pre-season training again and getting prepared for August.”

In the Football League, Colin Cooper’s first game in charge of Hartlepool will be at Rochdale as Pool look to bounce out of League Two at the first time of asking. His first home game is against Phil Brown’s Southend.

Cooper said: “Seeing those fixtures all laid out just builds the excitement and we just can’t wait to get going.

“It’s a good test for us in the first game with Phil Brown bringing his Southend side here;.

“It will be good for him to come back to The Vic and I imagine he’ll be wanting to push on after settling in over the last six months.”

Greg Abbott will face an early return to former club Bradford City in Carlisle’s League One programme.

The Cumbrians welcome Leyton Orient to Brunton Park on the opening day but will then travel to Valley Parade on August 10. Their final game of the season is at Wolves.

Middlesbrough are at home to Leicester on the opening day.

Read more: Journal Live http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2013/06/20/newcastle-united-given-a-tough-start-against-manchester-city-61634-33499823/#ixzz2WkF9CPRs