Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Today

Seriously ? They had the better chances, a team with one win in fifteen and on the fucking beach!

Did they have any good chance in the game? Anyway even if they did have the better chances that's irrelevant. Palace lost today but I felt they were pretty good defensively. Both teams defended well in the main

Thought this was definitely our weakest performance in the little revival we've had. We are much better organised though, just didn't really create much today

Did you see Norwich and Southampton or is the revival limited to the last 3 games...........and we were as bad as I've seen us this season till Liverpool started to cruise.

Look at how many save Darlow had to make with easy open shots from 20yds or so. We are better organised from dead balls but don't seem to be overall.

why is our revival limited to 3 games when we're unbeaten in 4?

Thats not helping as we were cack against Swansea for the most part.

Don't get me wrong, we are at a part of the season and being where we are where results are more important than performances but I just don't see so far that Rafa, as much as I rate him, has made us more organised etc.

If I had the inclination this could be proven terribly wrong with a series of pre and post Rafa gifs.

Look at the way we settle into a formation when the opposition gets possession around midfield.

Look at how we move as a unit out of the area after clearing a corner.

Look at how we close wingers and fullbacks down fairly high up the pitch in a coordinated manner.

Rafa would be the first to admit it's far from perfect. We lose focus at times, the nerves are evident, some lack application (Gini), and obviously most are not world beaters.

But aside from having 11 players on the pitch who actually seem to care and put in effort, the main reason we've gone four unbeaten is the improved organization defensively.

We look a lot more composed at the back, so that's definitely become more organised, but the biggest alteration has been to the mentality. Our lack of attacking cohesion (and talent) - means we're still predictable; we're forcing goals out of games rather than crafting them via a fluid attacking unit. It's our drive and momentum - and being more solid at the back - which has ground out those past three results.

None of the above means to say that Rafa hasn't done an admirable job working with what he has. We were never going to start looking like a proper team who is especially comfortable going forward.

It's why Townsend is absolutely crucial at the minute, because he's quick and, most importantly, unpredictable.

This mini revival of Tiote is great and just when we need it, but I think he will be gone in the summer. He's after a final payday in a league he can walk it. That will suit Rafa as I'm sure he will want an enforcer with better technical talents, passing range and discipline levels.

Anyhow, Tiote has been clearly told to keep it simple, and play the way he's facing. Ie it appears he's had his limitations drummed into him, and he is playing within them now.

I don't think I've seen any of his stupid (and terrible) long range efforts at goal. Can't even recall him being in the opposition half that much anymore either. They way it should be for him...

Anyhow, Tiote has been clearly told to keep it simple, and play the way he's facing. Ie it appears he's had his limitations drummed into him, and he is playing within them now.

He's benefited from the improved form of the team tbh. He was pushed to his worst form by too much falling on his shoulders due to the rest of the midfield not knowing how to attack, so he had to over-extend himself. Delighted that Chinese deal fell through.

This mini revival of Tiote is great and just when we need it, but I think he will be gone in the summer. He's after a final payday in a league he can walk it. That will suit Rafa as I'm sure he will want an enforcer with better technical talents, passing range and discipline levels.

That's always been the case with Tiote, he needs replacing, but with someone better. That hasn't happened despite numerous signings to fill that role. Anita wasn't the right man. Colback isn't the right man. By the looks of it Saivet isn't the right man either. If we stay up I definitely think Rafa will bring in someone as it's one of his key positions for the way he sets the team up.

Thought this was definitely our weakest performance in the little revival we've had. We are much better organised though, just didn't really create much today

Did you see Norwich and Southampton or is the revival limited to the last 3 games...........and we were as bad as I've seen us this season till Liverpool started to cruise.

Look at how many save Darlow had to make with easy open shots from 20yds or so. We are better organised from dead balls but don't seem to be overall.

why is our revival limited to 3 games when we're unbeaten in 4?

Thats not helping as we were cack against Swansea for the most part.

Don't get me wrong, we are at a part of the season and being where we are where results are more important than performances but I just don't see so far that Rafa, as much as I rate him, has made us more organised etc.

Here man, what the f***? Are you smoking crack? Seriously. Us not looking more organised is up there with hundreds of billions, you absolutely f***ing looney.

Based on what we've been playing ? V man city, yes, as good as I've seen us this season. A s*** Norwich team scored 3, Southampton had 3 could have had more, Liverpool 2 and could have had more, Palace and the Mackems were even games where the oppo arguabely had the better chances.

You're either taking the p*ss or are p*ssed.

Going on what we've watched. Apart from Man city as I've said in which game(s) would you say we've been better organised ?

All of the ones where Janmaat has been injured and Dummett and Anita have been the full backs with Tiote and Colback in front of them.

• 2 weeks later...

China bound I suspect.  Seems very injury prone these days.  Very good under Rafa. Never as bad as some made out.  Way better than Anita at CM. 

This season he was. Not surprising when the manager didn't play him for his other team in the Eredivisie.

• 2 months later...