Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Surely he doesn't head off to Turkey (and China?) for a medical without knowing what the  f*cking contract is worth. This being a knowledgeable forum someone probably remembers situations where a player gets as far as a medical and then the deal breaks down over personal terms. I can't. And for those that can name situations where it has happened you would have to agree it is "abnormal". Perhaps once Gala  met him they didn't like him? Perhaps Tiote and his posse are thick as mince? WTF is going on here?  :lol:

What the fuck is he asking for anyway? :lol:

'... grand per week, and also a statue of the great Cheick tampering with a goat to be erected outside the presidents front door, the koh i noor diamond and the words of the national anthem to be changed to 'Shoooooot' repeated 250 times.  This must be played on national television every 15 minutes'.

Tbf, contracts are a two way street. There's just as much chance that Tiote asked for a reasonable figure only for the club to try and get a cheap deal.

If I were negotiating with a player who is obviously not wanted at his current club, had a history of injuries and is coming to the end of the transfer window it's what I would do...

Tbf, contracts are a two way street. There's just as much chance that Tiote asked for a reasonable figure only for the club to try and get a cheap deal.

If I were negotiating with a player who is obviously not wanted at his current club, had a history of injuries and is coming to the end of the transfer window it's what I would do...

He had the same problem in China by all accounts and they're hoying bags of money at foreigners like it's going out of fashion. 

Clear question marks over his injury record and his willingness to stay, but he's easily better than Colback and was a key part of our unbeaten 6 game run at the end of last season. He's better than Anita in the DM role as well.

Hayden looks good but if he's injured you're left with Colback or Anita. Colback gives away loads of free kicks every single game and that gives any team who plays us a chance, even the worst sides can be a danger from set pieces. Anita isn't built for that role either and you can see him getting bullied in midfield in this league. I'd be happy to see Tiote stay because if he goes, I don't see us signing another CM before the deadline. I don't understand why people are desperate to see him go.

Guest The King of Zembla

Clear question marks over his injury record and his willingness to stay, but he's easily better than Colback and was a key part of our unbeaten 6 game run at the end of last season. He's better than Anita in the DM role as well.

Hayden looks good but if he's injured you're left with Colback or Anita. Colback gives away loads of free kicks every single game and that gives any team who plays us a chance, even the worst sides can be a danger from set pieces. Anita isn't built for that role either and you can see him getting bullied in midfield in this league. I'd be happy to see Tiote stay because if he goes, I don't see us signing another CM before the deadline. I don't understand why people are desperate to see him go.

The Premier League is faster and more physical and, just the same as last time we played in the 2nd tier, I've seen nothing from the other teams so far to suggest any underhand game plans or attempts to knack our players. Vernon Anita is more than capable of sitting and breaking up the play in this league.

The Premier League is faster and more physical and, just the same as last time we played in the 2nd tier, I've seen nothing from the other teams so far to suggest any underhand game plans or attempts to knack our players. Vernon Anita is more than capable of sitting and breaking up the play in this league.

No he isn't. That's the reason why we are quite rightly asking for a fee for Tiote, he' still an asset in this squad as it stands right now.

He really isn't like. He was at his ineffective best value Fulham. Nothing there to suggest he's cut out for that role in this league. 2nd choice right back or nothing.

He really isn't like. He was at his ineffective best value Fulham. Nothing there to suggest he's cut out for that role in this league. 2nd choice right back or nothing.

Playing on the right wing. He's more than capable of playing in the middle however he's more suited to a 3 than a 2. Shelvey & Hayden seem to have clicked for the time being so hope they get a run of games to let the partnership grow.

Anita is a much better RB than DM imo like, would have personally preferred him, Gamez and Sterry as options in that position and signed a new midfielder instead of getting Yedlin in. Guess it's a bit of a gamble if Gamez needs time to adapt, just not convinced of Anita and Colback as back up midfielders.