Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

All Tiote would do in this division is give away stupid free kicks leading to goals and fail to contribute to our overall play. Hayden's better, much better. Anita's better, too. There's a reason we literally can't give shit like Cheick Tiote away. We're the only side stupid enough to pay his wages.

Tiote failed his medical at Galatasaray, so it's got fuck all to do with how good he is.

Tiote did not get us relegated. We looked a far better team with him in the side at the back end of last season. He's not a first XI player now we're looking to control games but he's the best option we have in CM to bring on when defending a lead. Definitely a place for him in Rafa's rotation.

:thup: He improved massively under Rafa towards the end of last season.

All Tiote would do in this division is give away stupid free kicks leading to goals and fail to contribute to our overall play. Hayden's better, much better. Anita's better, too. There's a reason we literally can't give shit like Cheick Tiote away. We're the only side stupid enough to pay his wages.

Tiote failed his medical at Galatasaray, so it's got fuck all to do with how good he is.

Of course he did. :lol:

The only reason Tiote isn't in the mix is because he wants to be away, nothing to do with his ability. Our best performances in the past have been when he's in the side fit and motivated, and that was certainly the case at the end of last season. In any case, he's clearly finished here now, so it's a pointless debate.

The only reason Tiote isn't in the mix is because he wants to be away, nothing to do with his ability. Our best performances in the past have been when he's in the side fit and motivated, and that was certainly the case at the end of last season. In any case, he's clearly finished here now, so it's a pointless debate.

This is just nonsense. Just dreadful revisionist history by the forum's king of it.

Chelsea 5-1

Arsenal 7-3

Sunderland 0-3 (twice)

Wigan 4-0

Liverpool 0-6

Man U 0-4

Just a selection of our worst defensive performances in recent memory. Guess which 'defensive' midfielder was the common denominator in all?

Tiote is the past and should never play for Newcastle United again.

The sooner he is off the books the better.

This.

Yeah, unfortunately. Because he'd be much better than Colback next to Shelvey when Hayden needs a break. But he's done and a shithead, so it's rather moot I suppose.

This is just nonsense. Just dreadful revisionist history by the forum's king of it.

Chelsea 5-1

Arsenal 7-3

Sunderland 0-3 (twice)

Wigan 4-0

Liverpool 0-6

Man U 0-4

Just a selection of our worst defensive performances in recent memory. Guess which 'defensive' midfielder was the common denominator in all?

You must have missed the 'fit and motivated' part of my quote, just like you missed that he was in the side picked by Rafa which finished last season strongly despite you writing him off three years ago. But I guess when you got called out on rewriting history it was important for you to transfer that tag to someone else asap. Rattled marra.

Not sure you can have a go at anyone about rewriting history after your Bellamy posts :lol:

That was sort of like missing the wood for the trees though. Bellamy was decent with both feet, and he relied on a sweet strike rather than guile so my point was never about not which foot he preferred unless you want to be pedantic.

So why mention his left foot? :lol: When he was clearly right footed

But it looks like he can finish when he gets the chance though, Bellamy relied more on the sheer power from his left foot.

Because it was a long time ago and I thought he hit a few with his left foot. I'll check google and youtube more extensively in the future if it's going to be an issue. :lol:

I was being a corporate arsehole at the match last night and Tiote came into our room. When Justin Lockwood asked him "When do you think you'll be back on the pitch?" he replied "I don't know, you best ask the manager". Lockwood then said "What? So you're actually fit and just left out again tonight?" and Tiote replied "Yes, I want to be playing football but you have to ask the manager why I'm not". 

Thought it was vaguely interesting as Tiote changed from smiling and answering questions to looking a bit gutted in my opinion. Seemed to me as if him and Rafa don't get along.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/what-situation-cheick-tiote-newcastle-11908582

What is the situation with Cheick Tiote? Newcastle United boss Rafa Benitez explains

08:00, 20 SEP 2016

BY MARK DOUGLAS

Newcastle United midfielder Cheick Tiote remains on the Magpies' books - but will he play again?

Rafa Benitez has confirmed that the door remains open for Cheick Tiote to make a Newcastle United return – but it won’t be until his future is resolved.

The transfer window in Qatar remains open until September 30, while in the United Arab Emirates it extends until October 20. There has been recent interest from clubs in both leagues in Tiote, whose contract expires this summer.

United are unlikely to call on him during this time but he continues to train with the first team and Benitez has been pleased with his attitude behind-the-scenes. The League Cup clash with Wolves will come too early for him but Benitez may end up calling on him.

“Cheick will not be involved in this game, but I am pleased with him,” he said.

“He knows this is still a time where we are waiting a little bit to see what happens. He has been training well, but we haven’t thought about him for this game. He will get a chance if nothing happens in the next few days and weeks.

“If nothing happens, we will have to do something with him because he is someone I like. If we have some information that clubs are interested, we will analyse that. If not, he is a player that can give us experience.”

I guess if you're trying to sell him, slating his attitude won't help. He's probably still just being a dick.

He's not trying to sell him, it's Tiote who has been angling for a big money move. As for him being a dick, Rafa's said quite clearly in that interview that he's pleased with him and that he'll be involved again if he's still here when the window closes.

If we were desperate to get him off the books then we could just waive the fee. I think I've said this before, and when you consider he's in the last year of his contract it makes it even more daft to suggest we are the ones who are trying to get him out of here. It's right there in black and white in Rafa's quotes man, why do some people always think there's some hidden agenda being  covered up?