Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

If he can keep this form up, he has to be the best value for money signing we've made for a long time.

The good thing is, we could say that about a few of our players at the minute.

and it's all down to Mike Ashley.

give it 30 minutes then go and have a look on toontastic.

Don't know how many of you have seen his fan Q&A session yet, but here was the best one for me.

Do you have glue on your boots or is your control just that good? It's ridiculous how easily you nick the ball and turn your man.

Gordon Jennings

No, it's not possible to have glue on your boots unfortunately! In Africa, when I started playing football, I didn't have any boots so that meant I worked very hard on my technique, which helped me when I did wear boots from the age of about 15.

Bollocks. I think it was because he was in fact manufactured by the US government to be a ruthless killing machine, but was found in the wilds of Africa (having just completed his mission to assassinate a ruthless warlord by strangling him with his cock) by NUFC scouts and reprogrammed to play football. His former club was a hastily concocted cover story + a few payoffs.

Guest guinness_fiend

Better than Essien

Er, not quite.  But he's awesome in his own right and I'm dreading the transfer window opening at Xmas.

most the forum was saying for a while we needed some legs in midfield to help out the likes of Nolan, but it's this kind of obvious shortcoming that newcastle managers in the past have always overlooked. very impressed that Hughton's gone out and signed such a gem and on such a limited budget too.

hughton  :pow:

tiote  :smitten:

He didn't do his funny run. He's f***ing s***.

You mean the Scott Parker spin?  It's quality, eh?

Nah dude, he does an awesome high kicking run as if he attempts to scare players away from the ball.

Still waiting on someone making a gif of it.

He didn't do his funny run. He's f***ing s***.

You mean the Scott Parker spin?  It's quality, eh?

Nah dude, he does an awesome high kicking run as if he attempts to scare players away from the ball.

Still waiting on someone making a gif of it.

Still haven't seen it :(

For all the talk of him being a midfield hard man, he's actually the one who is making us pass the ball so well. He keeps the ball under pressure then finds space and passes intelligently. The rest are all taking up the cue now.

Awesome performance again today,  just a pity about the joke of a yellow card that now has him on the brink of suspension.  Looking at our upcoming fixtures i think it wouldn't be a bad thing for him to get booked on Wednesday(can't see him going 4,5,6 matches without gettting a card with refs these days)  as i'd prefer him to be missing at home to Fulham than be missing against Bolton, Chelsea, WBA or Liverpool.

According to the chalkboards on the guardians website, in the seven games he's played for us in the league, he's completed 324 passes out of an attempted 344. That's a 94% success rate :kasper:

Said it elsewhere but that 6% will end up costing us, get rid.