Newcastle United 6 - 0 Aston Villa - 22/08/10 - post match reaction from page 36

Dave

Niel... Newcastle look like full of powerful player compared Aston Villa piss poor weak... they are too lightweight... it is not about defensive inept which clearly Aston villa also been good at defensive tactically... its simply Newcastle players out-muscled each time in ball winning situation (because we have better player physically). No Matter how good your tactical defend if you player too light weight in challenge getting the ball.. surely they still lose. In matter a fact i don't see any Aston villa player got good engine & powerful even on their sub apart from heskey.

I'm sorry mate but Villa's catastrophic defending can't be ignored today. I think that incident where the ball was going out and it bounced off the corner flag back to Enrique summed up things. :lol:

But that doesn't take away from the fact you were excellent, looked far more up for it and fully deserved a comfortable win. I just hope you can repeat the level of commitment you showed today for the rest of the season.

It's three points from the first game tbh. A draw at Wolves would be a stonking result but we're shite at Molineux and they're a reasonable side.

Very winnable game at Wolves. If we can get a bit of momentum going then we could/should be looking to win games like this.

It'll be tough but we shouldn't be scared of them.

Says the one preaching about 'not getting carried away'.

:pow:

I'm not getting carried away. Wolves were one of the teams I thought we had a chance of finishing above and if we apply ourselves like we did today then we'll get a result. :)

Alright Mr Serious. I agree; it's winnable but i'd be very pleased with a draw. They're going to be a rival to us this season, and preventing them from getting three points on their own patch will be a spanner in the works for them.

Guest neesy111

How bad was the referee today, from what i saw the wanker didn't have a clue!

Had a good game apart from missing the Dunne on Smith.

hmm, i think not many will agree with this?

I'm studying referee's as part of my development into the role, and quite frankly the consistency from this guy was awful!  booking of routledge and failure to boom some of their players for cynical & bad fouls was bizarre

Guest neesy111

How bad was the referee today, from what i saw the w***** didn't have a clue!

Had a good game apart from missing the Dunne on Smith.

This.

That Ashley Young handball spot was top class.

likewise, wasn't exactly hard to miss

Carroll, Barton, and Nolan are not as good as their performances today indicated,

Disagree with that Baba, Villa's performance may have flattered us but Barton and Carroll in particular put in performances that do them credit, show their potential and in Barton's case remind us of how well he can play.

I thought both Barton and Smith were fantastic today and half the reason Villa didnt get a sniff, we wanted it more. The MOTD analysis showed a few examples of over-running them, then (and here is the good bit) actually one-touch passing and moving through Villa's midfield.

I agree the scoreline was an anomaly but not the result.

Guest firetotheworks

Waddle was a bit of a biased c*** today like. Hardly gave us any credit.

His opinion is invalid until he can pronounce 'penalty'

Waddle was a bit of a biased c*** today like. Hardly gave us any credit.

His opinion is invalid until he can pronounce 'penalty'

Fair point.

It's three points from the first game tbh. A draw at Wolves would be a stonking result but we're s**** at Molineux and they're a reasonable side.

Very winnable game at Wolves. If we can get a bit of momentum going then we could/should be looking to win games like this.

It'll be tough but we shouldn't be scared of them.

Says the one preaching about 'not getting carried away'.

:pow:

I'm not getting carried away. Wolves were one of the teams I thought we had a chance of finishing above and if we apply ourselves like we did today then we'll get a result. :)

Saw the 2nd half of Wolves' game against Everton, got to say I was impressed with them, think it will be a tough one, would take a point from that one in a heartbeat.

Guest neesy111

And Smith has a good engine, etc etc.

Have an awful feeling you'll get a point at Goodison in a few weeks.

I'll be happy with that

Guest Heneage

Wolves is never an easy game, they play a similar style to us, a good counter attacking side.

Eh? Since when was your game based on counter-attacking? Genuine question.

:fishing:

We looked to break on Villa at times today. Our formations are at least similar. the 4-4-1-1.

And Smith has a good engine, etc etc.

Have an awful feeling you'll get a point at Goodison in a few weeks.

I'll be happy with that

I won't,it'll be an awful feeling.

Absolutely catastrophic, really.

Carroll, Barton, and Nolan are not as good as their performances today indicated,

Disagree with that Baba, Villa's performance may have flattered us but Barton and Carroll in particular put in performances that do them credit, show their potential and in Barton's case remind us of how well he can play.

I thought both Barton and Smith were fantastic today and half the reason Villa didnt get a sniff, we wanted it more. The MOTD analysis showed a few examples of over-running them, then (and here is the good bit) actually one-touch passing and moving through Villa's midfield.

I agree the scoreline was an anomaly but not the result.

This is fair enough, but what I am saying is that none of these players will consistently perform at this level. Carrol CAN be very good on his day, as can Barton, Smith, and Nolan, but overall they are all average players and this will show itself over the course of 38 matches. However, we do have ability. People are underrating this squad because the one that went down was much more talented. However, that team was decimated by injuries, infighting, chaos, lack of leadership, and a collecive quitters mentality. If we can show this same kind of fight all year, I think we will be comfortable.