Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Remember this:

http://s24.postimg.org/ivodk90dh/Screen_Shot_2014_07_05_at_22_53_19.png

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Bet the crack's immense between those 2 f***ing nimrods like.

"here, Mapou..."

"?"

"yav dropped ya gay card ahahahahahahahahaha"

:lol:

I remember a friend coming back from watching his son play in a youth game years ago raving about this amazing defender that was playing.  Turns out it was Taylor and at the start of his career he really did have a lot of potential to become a good player.

I can remember when he was kid everyone was saying he's gonna be a top defender in a few years. But somehow he's no better now than he was at 18 years old. How is that possible? For most it isn't possible but stevie is thick as a whale omelette.

See Micah Richards, Phil Jones, possibly soon Stones? It's one of those positions that for all the physical attributes or technique on the ball in the world, it's what's between the ears which is most important.

See Micah Richards, Phil Jones, possibly soon Stones? It's one of those positions that for all the physical attributes or technique on the ball in the world, it's what's between the ears which is most important.

I wonder if it isn't partially down to the oft-discussed problem that youth training has had for years - a kid who develops faster than his peers (taller, more developed muscles, etc.) with a reasonable bit of talent looks to be the next big thing simply because he's playing against kids 6 inches shorter or without the muscles to compete with them.  By the time they're in their early 20's though everyone else has caught up physically & the big lump has never developed talent beyond what they had aged 18.