Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Move him on, free the wages up and pick up another french lad at half the cost.

Who would have taylor?  mackems, West ham (striker issues), Palace, Norwich, Stoke...I cant see anyone else really needing him.

Taylor going to the mackems would be an epic slap in the face for the supporters.  :lol:  Bring it on.

Guest neesy111

We all know exactly what will happen the second we sell him. No deal.

I think it would force our hand, especially with Colo going too.

As if it would.  Only being threatened with relegation would forcecthise cunts to do anything.

Steven Taylor has welcomed added competition for places at Newcastle

Last Updated: 09/02/13 12:33pm

Steven Taylor believes added competition for places at Newcastle United can only be a good thing for the club.

Alan Pardew worked hard to bring fresh faces into St James' Park during the January transfer window, with regular forays made into the French market.

Additions will inevitably take time to settle in a new country, but the intention is for them to make an immediate impact.

It is also hoped that they will help to raise the game of those already at the club, with starting berths now something which have to be earned.

"You've got rise to the challenge," Taylor told The Guardian.

"You've got to better yourself, you can't sulk. You're at a massive club, deal with it, new players coming in are part and parcel of professional football. You've got to perform.

"The competition is healthy. There's been players here in the last few months who got too comfortable, they've been too settled in their position.

"Before the new lads came in the manager didn't have competition for places but now, if people want to play week in week out they've got to keep doing well."

In fairness to him, he has been the under 21 captain, and would have wanted a full season in the first team to challenge for Brazil. He is a million miles away from that at the moment, I can imagine he is frustrated.

Steven Taylor believes added competition for places at Newcastle United can only be a good thing for the club.

Alan Pardew worked hard to bring fresh faces into St James' Park during the January transfer window, with regular forays made into the French market.

Additions will inevitably take time to settle in a new country, but the intention is for them to make an immediate impact.

It is also hoped that they will help to raise the game of those already at the club, with starting berths now something which have to be earned.

"You've got to better yourself, you can't sulk. You're at a massive club, deal with it, new players coming in are part and parcel of professional football. You've got to perform.

"The competition is healthy. There's been players here in the last few months who got too comfortable, they've been too settled in their position.

"Before the new lads came in the manager didn't have competition for places but now, if people want to play week in week out they've got to keep doing well."

In fairness to him, he has been the under 21 captain, and would have wanted a full season in the first team to challenge for Brazil. He is a million miles away from that at the moment, I can imagine he is frustrated.

He's only got himself to blame.

He's only got himself to blame.

Agree, he's played one match since May and it was arguablythe worst individual performance from a Newcastle player in that entire time (away at City). As he said himself, he has to get on with it and not sulk.

saw him in eldon square last night, lurking around outside some jewelers.  He didnt look very happy, got theimpression he was waiting for someone to meet him there.  He looked rather skinny to me, and those shadows round the eyes are freaky.....really a vampire aint he?

Guest zicomartin

Those dark circles around the eyes are more than likely inflammation, possibly due to food allergies (maybe something as simple as dairy products).

If nobody at the club can spot that, they are not doing their jobs properly.  Maybe he has a fast food addiction on the sly.

Regardless, I wouldn't be surprised if any improvement in his appearance also coincided with an upturn in form.  :blackeye:

Guest zicomartin

Ok then, since the prematch meal is invariably pasta, with a dairy sauce I'd wager,  maybe his omission from the match day squad for a few weeks might garner some improvement...

Don't listen to me, I'm an idiot.