Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Guest icemanblue

Are we going to have this discussion every time someone on here takes the piss out of Mike, using: fried chicken, watermelon, swimming, rape, etc. by the way?

Are we going to have this discussion every time someone on here takes the piss out of Mike, using: fried chicken, watermelon, swimming, rape, etc. by the way?

We should probably wonder why it happens so often.

Are we going to have this discussion every time someone on here takes the p*ss out of Mike, using: fried chicken, watermelon, swimming, rape, etc. by the way?

I'm tempted to agree, hypocritical to get offended by this when it's fairly common on here.

Are we going to have this discussion every time someone on here takes the p*ss out of Mike, using: fried chicken, watermelon, swimming, rape, etc. by the way?

I'm tempted to agree, hypocritical to get offended by this when it's fairly common on here.

Doesn't make either 'okay'...

Guest icemanblue

Not at all. That's definitely not what I'm saying. But, they are exactly the same kind of 'banter'.

Well it's not like anyone's setting fire to crosses on his lawn, is it marra? Nah, just a bit of harmless bants. Everyone knows they love their fried chicken, rims and fat white women, right? Harmless bants is all. It's not like I'm plotting the systematic financial ruination of his race just pointing out some differences for comedy's sake like, nowt wrong with it. I'm allowed, after all, because I don't actively discriminate during my day to day activities. That's earned me the right to deliver less racist but still racist remarks, I reckon.

Absolutely, that was my point.

I've got plenty of ammo to fire at Mike resorting to racism. I mean, the guy bashed one out to the concept of his cousins tits. That's enough to go on for years. Plus the Liverpool shit and the awful array of sports teams he follows. All of this should be used first before lowering one's standards and playing the cheap black jokes.

The fact Taylor thought this was acceptable is a problem. You should never resort to a joke about somebody's colour, race, sexuality or religion. It's completely uncalled for, even in the world of 'friendly banter'.

When I was at school a couple of black friends used to rip each other all the time using racial slur's. I never found it funny. A Pakistani guy in my class used to get cheap laughs by calling other Indians/Pakistani's paki's. I never found that funny either. I've worked in an all white team before, and in a group with only one black person. Both times I pulled people up on racial 'banter'. I also resent the idea that I'm offended for other people. I'm not, I'm offended for me. I find that sort of behaviour offensive. If the other person wants to accept it then fine but that doesn't mean I have to think it is acceptable.

I can accept there are differences between people genetically, mentally, physiologically, spiritually and philosophically but they don't need to be pointed out at all, and they need to be made fun of even less. They're not important and it's about time the world realised this.

What Taylor did was no where near as bad as the "all black people love grape soda and rape" shit craic that gets typed on here every other day like. It's just the fact he's so well known and using a medium of communication that fucking loads of people are going to see. Here the audience is fairly in house.

]

The fact Taylor thought this was acceptable is a problem. You should never resort to a joke about somebody's colour, race, sexuality or religion. It's completely uncalled for, even in the world of 'friendly banter'.

To be fair he didn't do that, i don't think. He posted up a picture he found on the net containing 4 black people with vague resemlences to 4 of his friends. If the picture had a ginger kid on he would have added Campbell to that, if he had a shit haircut it would have been Krul etc.

EDIT: Just seen the photo again. Aye that is a bit sketchy like :lol: :lol:

I've got plenty of ammo to fire at Mike resorting to racism. I mean, the guy bashed one out to the concept of his cousins tits. That's enough to go on for years. Plus the Liverpool shit and the awful array of sports teams he follows. All of this should be used first before lowering one's standards and playing the cheap black jokes.

When I was at school a couple of black friends used to rip each other all the time using racial slur's. I never found it funny. A Pakistani guy in my class used to get cheap laughs by calling other Indians/Pakistani's paki's. I never found that funny either. I've worked in an all white team before, and in a group with only one black person. Both times I pulled people up on racial 'banter'. I also resent the idea that I'm offended for other people. I'm not, I'm offended for me. I find that sort of behaviour offensive. If the other person wants to accept it then fine but that doesn't mean I have to think it is acceptable.

I can accept there are differences between people genetically, mentally, physiologically, spiritually and philosophically but they don't need to be pointed out at all, and they need to be made fun of even less. They're not important and it's about time the world realised this.

The manager of our footie team at uni, a British Indian lad, consistently used to go on about not wanting 'any dirty pakis on my team'. I can still remember the silence that struck the room the first time he said it. Crazy.

The manager of our footie team at uni, a British Indian lad, consistently used to go on about not wanting 'any dirty pakis on my team'. I can still remember the silence that struck the room the first time he said it. Crazy.

Are you sure it was tongue in cheek? Maybe he genuinely hated Pakistanis.

Do you think he just found that picture by searching for "four black people" on google?

If he isn't making a joke about black people either a) all looking the same, or at least being able to find two different unrelated black people indestinguishable or b) it being easier to see them when they smile then I don't get what the point of his tweet is.

Do you think he just found that picture by searching for "four black people" on google?

If he isn't making a joke about black people either a) all looking the same, or at least being able to find two different unrelated black people indestinguishable or b) it being easier to see them when they smile then I don't get what the point of his tweet is.

Nah mate I found the image again and I agree with you. I only had a quick glance on Friday night and (probably because of the Vurnon one) thought that the people actually held some sort of actual resemblance to the players mentioned.

Edited my post

He - who looked about as Indian as anyone you'll ever meet, by the way - was constantly pushing this notion that he was white British, not Asian, and used racial slurs to do it. Ridiculous fucking idiot looking back.

He - who looked about as Indian as anyone you'll ever meet, by the way - was constantly pushing this notion that he was white British, not Asian, and used racial slurs to do it. Ridiculous fucking idiot looking back.

He was taking the piss out of them having white teeth which you can see when they smile wasn't he?  He didn't mention being able to see them easier when they smile as far as I'm aware.  I'm far from convinced that he meant anything because I don't think he's clever enough to hide anything.

If I thought he was being racist I would call him out, I wouldn't automatically call a black player a racist if he tweeted a photo of 4 white people who were being compared to 4 white players, not everything is based on race.

it's a joke firmly rooted in racism mind, but just how much awareness of that taylor has is another question

I think that's my biggest problem with it TBH. He might not have intended to be racist, but he's thick as mince if he doesn't have an awareness of the wider context.

It's not a joke rooted in racism, it's a joke rooted in racial differences, which do exist, and are sensitive areas to joke about. The problem is people jump to racism whenever racial differences are mentioned, implying there's something wrong about it when there's nothing wrong with the fact black people look different to white people, to suggest otherwise is more racist.

It's just stupidity with a racial context, not a racist context.