Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

"I think Steven is a terrific player," said Pardew, who is understood to have no intention of trying to borrow Wilfried Zaha from Manchester United once the transfer window opens. "He lost his place through injury which was unfortunate but now he's fit. He wants to play but Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa wants to play, Hatem Ben Arfa wants to play, Papiss Cissé wants to play. Am I going to loan them all because they want a game? Of course not. They all have to fight for their place, and that's where Steven is.

"I had a very sensible conversation with Steven this week. I think he knows where I stand with it all. I've said to him we have a lot of games coming up and to wait and see what happens."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/dec/19/alan-pardew-newcastle-united-steven-taylor

Moaning about not being in the team already and threatening to leave. Hope he does 'look at his options' and he chooses the exit door. Always acts like he puts Newcastle first before anything yet soon as he doesn't get his own way be it contract demands or team selection, he threatens to leave. Best off without this muppet, get rid and bring somebody new in.

I hope he stays, he's a decent player and therefore good competition. Wouldn't be in my first choice XI but getting rid without replacing him would be very shortsighted. As usual.

He's been back two minutes and already in the papers moaning about lack of first team football and will look to leave in summer if things don't change. You've got players for us working their bollocks off for us who aren't in the side but are pushing to get back in who say nothing. Our fans give Taylor so much praise in the ground, he believes his own hype and thinks he is better than what he is.

We've got a very good squad and don't see why he feels just because he's now back fit he should be in the side or even on the bench, he shouldn't be. He's an average defender who is injury and error prone and a complete tool. I'd have no problem with us shipping him off and freeing up the wage bill and bringing in a younger defender for 4th choice with more promise.

To be fair to the fans, if you're going to get behind players who consistently make noises about leaving despite having extremely prominent roles within the team, it would be hypocritical to vilify those who just badly want to play for NUFC.

To be fair to the fans, if you're going to get behind players who consistently make noises about leaving despite having extremely prominent roles within the team, it would be hypocritical to vilify those who just badly want to play for NUFC.

If he badly wanted to play for NUFC, he would shut up, knuckle down and get on with his football rather than saying he'll look to leave if he doesn't get a game. If he's not willing to be 4th choice and fight to be 1st choice, then we are better off without. There's other players who are more valued than him would love to be playing more regular football who haven't came out to press with ultimatums.

If he badly wanted to play for NUFC, he would shut up, knuckle down and get on with his football rather than saying he'll look to leave if he doesn't get a game. If he's not willing to be 4th choice and fight to be 1st choice, then we are better off without. There's other players who are more valued than him would love to be playing more regular football who haven't came out to press with ultimatums.

How do you know he hasnt knuckled down? He's a good centre half frustrated by his lack of game time.  Rather him being unhappy and hopefully banging Pardew's door than merely accepting the status quo and taking the money. I think we need to keep him because we will need him at some stage and then it's down to him whether he keeps his place.

What ultimatum has he made?

He's most likely been interviewed by the press and asked about his lack of first team football. This has probably been followed by a question about whether he would consider leaving if he's not playing. What's he supposed to say? It appears he's just given an honest answer. I could be wrong, but I doubt he's actively called a journalist and asked them to write that specific headline.

He agrees.

“At Newcastle, I’ve had competition all my career,” he said. “I thrive on that, and it doesn’t bother me one bit. The manager makes a decision, and you’ve just got to accept that.

“I need to keep working hard and knuckling down."

“The thing I love doing is playing football. That’s what I want to do.

“I felt good. I’ve just got to keep training, knuckle down and see what happens.”

“The suspension was a big killer, but I’ve come back now,” said Taylor. “For six, seven or eight weeks now I’ve been ready and feeling good. That’s all I can do. I’m ready and fit for selection.”

I'm not going to get angry at a player unless he starts demanding a start or throws in a transfer request.

His injuries are frustrating but he's a very capable player that our squad desperately needs (remember the hand wringing that went on in the summer because we missed out on adding another CB in the summer).

How do you know he hasnt knuckled down? He's a good centre half frustrated by his lack of game time.  Rather him being unhappy and hopefully banging Pardew's door than merely accepting the status quo and taking the money. I think we need to keep him because we will need him at some stage and then it's down to him whether he keeps his place.

I'm not saying he's not but there's no reason to start coming out in the press expressing his desire to play and if he doesn't, he'll leave. Just shut up and get on with your football, your 4th choice and he will continue to be and he can have no arguements about that.

I'm not saying he's not but there's no reason to start coming out in the press expressing his desire to play and if he doesn't, he'll leave. Just shut up and get on with your football, your 4th choice and he will continue to be and he can have no arguements about that.

He won't continue to be. He will get another chance  through injury or suspension at some stage. What is wrong with being unhappy with not playing?

Probably just me going overboard, opening the paper going to our section then seeing this clown as our main headline saying he's looking at his options in the summer if he doesn't get a game here. Only been back a couple of weeks, what does he expect? The suspension which was the 'big killer' was his own stupid fault which he clearly has yet to grasp.