Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Guest neesy111

Those figures boil my fucking blood, so pissed off the people running our club are so willing to risk our success in the face of evidence like that.  They're fucking terrified in case he manages a full season and they have to pay decent wages out on the centre halves we might need in order to cover ourselves and mount a challenge.

January better be good, I'm starting to get really angry about the whole pauper act now.

We haven't had 4 centre halves since Fitz fucking Hall played for us. Abysmal.

Drives me fucking spare, centre halves are comparatively cheap n all compared to other positions.

What about when Big Sol was here?

Those figures boil my fucking blood, so pissed off the people running our club are so willing to risk our success in the face of evidence like that.  They're fucking terrified in case he manages a full season and they have to pay decent wages out on the centre halves we might need in order to cover ourselves and mount a challenge.

January better be good, I'm starting to get really angry about the whole pauper act now.

We haven't had 4 centre halves since Fitz fucking Hall played for us. Abysmal.

Drives me fucking spare, centre halves are comparatively cheap n all compared to other positions.

What about when Big Sol was here?

Obviously I've forgotten about him. Probably why we've never signed one, Ashley running scared in case another 4th centre back steals his Greggs supply.

Didn't he spend a good chunk of 10-11 on the bench behind Willo?

He did, back when Williamson looked rather good and PL ready (well better than his performances of today, so it is mystifying how low he's gotten).

Guest neesy111

Taylor needed to lose weight back then. Pardew told him to do so, if memory serves.

He was well overweight when he came back in 10/11.

it seems to be a case of a severely unlucky player rather than any one major problem that needs to be managed I mean case in point back in the champ season just when he was getting fit from a knee injury he gets his jaw broken by (allegedly) Carroll and is out for the rest of that season then in first match of pre season the following summer dislocates his shoulder then ends up on the transfer list over contract.

it seems to be a case of a severely unlucky player rather than any one major problem that needs to be managed I mean case in point back in the champ season just when he was getting fit from a knee injury he gets his jaw broken by (allegedly) Carroll and is out for the rest of that season then in first match of pre season the following summer dislocates his shoulder then ends up on the transfer list over contract.

That was a re-occurance of the said injury which occured under Souness. Mate of mine (who played rugby, at a high level - 2nd rower/lock forward) had the same problem - dislocated the shoulder a further two times, and that was after surgery.

The surgery corrected the weak-point somewhat, but it's never the same. I remember he adopted a heavy weight training regime to add muscle mass to protect it (ie. added muscle would absorb some of the force the joint was taking). Around the shoulder & chest area he bulked up quite a bit, so this might explain Taylor's size gain.

The Achilles rupture was a freak one too. On the injury front, Taylor's been cursed ie. mostly impact related injuries, rather than soft tissue ones of the Dyer/Owen variety.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Roger Kint

We've produced what, 3? PL players in the last decade from our academy. All 3 injury prone.

Krul?

Ahh yes the Krul born in Byker and here from the age of 10.....

We cant claim a player we bought at 17 as an academy kid :lol:

We've produced what, 3? PL players in the last decade from our academy. All 3 injury prone.

Krul?

Ahh yes the Krul born in Byker and here from the age of 10.....

We cant claim a player we bought at 17 as an academy kid :lol:

Most people do TBF. E.g. Arsenal.