Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Would be a better player is he wasn't as thick as mince, some of the things he does are beyond stupid.

Talented but has never, ever learnt. Thick as mince.

Thick as Mince.

thick as fucking mince

http://thenanobyte.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/are-you-fucking-kidding-me-rage-face-meme-template-blanks_u18chan1.png

Would be a better player is he wasn't as thick as mince, some of the things he does are beyond stupid.

Talented but has never, ever learnt. Thick as mince.

Thick as Mince.

thick as fucking mince

http://thenanobyte.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/are-you-fucking-kidding-me-rage-face-meme-template-blanks_u18chan1.png

Mince spies

I thought he was having a great game til he went clattering into Schurle I think it was? He'd done the hard work nipping in and pinching the ball off Drogba's toes. Tbh though I know you're all calling him thick as mince but I'd rather have Taylor in the side than Williamson atm.

Neither Saylor nor Willo are good enough. They will play well for a run of games, then fall into mediocrity. What you say about Saylor would well apply to Willo a few months later, and vice versa.

I agree with  your point neither are really good enough but Willo is just too slow and lumbering  for me. Taylor has the pace to chase back at least, which is a necessity in this league with the amount of quick forwards. I'm not sure it's coincidence when Willo was sitting out injured we started keeping clean sheets. Credit for that to Dummett as well mind, filling in at centre half.

I thought he was having a great game til he went clattering into Schurle I think it was? He'd done the hard work nipping in and pinching the ball off Drogba's toes. Tbh though I know you're all calling him thick as mince but I'd rather have Taylor in the side than Williamson atm.

I'd have Dummett and Coloccini at centre half for the short-term.

When he got himself sent off he was in the middle of a stupid spell, he'd just wound Drogba up by clown kicking the ball away with his wrong foot (not shown on motd), it was like he'd just had an extra hit of acid.

Hes getting a lot of stick rightly or wrongly but the lad played a major part in the win as well with some great blocks, let's not forget that.

It's a bit late in his career for that. It doesn't matter if you play well for 80 minutes if you're going to hit self destruct so majorly and jeopardise a great result.

Hes getting a lot of stick rightly or wrongly but the lad played a major part in the win as well with some great blocks, let's not forget that.

It's a bit late in his career for that. It doesn't matter if you play well for 80 minutes if you're going to hit self destruct so majorly and jeopardise a great result.

but we won the game and he was a major part of it. all I'm saying it's not forget the good he done too. obviously he's an idiot that's goes without saying.

In another position occaisional such stupidity can be forgivable. If Cisse had got himself sent off after scoring 2 goals no biggie. But a centre back with the habit of such stupidity totally undermines his whole game. It put the result at huge risk, a centre back needs to be consistent as much as making great tackles. You can't trust him in a big game.

I like him, the sending off today was his mistake but he was pretty good before that, would certainly bring him back to the side once he serves his suspension

Personally I wouldn't, he almost cost us the game and its far from the first time.  At 2-0 up its imperative to just stay calm and solid for 5 minutes and its game over.  Instead he did exactly the wrong thing at exactly the wrong time, gives them a chance to get one back straight away and puts us under more pressure for the remaining 10+ minutes.  At 28 he should know better, but its the kind of thing he does repeatedly, don't think we can risk him in important games.  Its a pity because he does have some good attributes and when he actually uses his brain he can be quite a good defender.

Both the goal and the Obi Mikel sitter/ miss came from his daft mistakes.

Teasy and Tiresias have it spot on. At 28 he should be so much better and more reliable. Sadly his career will be one of what might have been for me. No doubting he can put in a performance here and there, but he could and maybe should have been so much more than that.

Always rated Taylor and still do. It's no coincidence that we've been significantly more solid defensively since he came back in.

Yes he is prone to bouts of complete stupidity but he's a decent defender and twice the player Williamson is.

Aye, Willo isn't good enough, maybe as 5th choice. Would like to see us go for a new CB with great aerial ability to play with Coloccini. But i doubt that we will :(

If I had a quid for everytime I've said/typed/read/thought that down the years man.

Crying shame we've never invested in the partner that would give us the solidest base to build the team on, but instead all we've done is bluff through on the cheap knowing Colos class will likely plug the gaps often enough to ensure we won't sink too far down the league.

Aye, Willo isn't good enough, maybe as 5th choice. Would like to see us go for a new CB with great aerial ability to play with Coloccini. But i doubt that we will :(

If I had a quid for everytime I've said/typed/read/thought that down the years man.

Crying shame we've never invested in the partner that would give us the solidest base to build the team on, but instead all we've done is bluff through on the cheap knowing Colos class will likely plug the gaps often enough to ensure we won't sink too far down the league.

Janmaat, Yanga-Mbiwa, Colo is a fantastic base from which to play football from the back, I'd say one of the best ball-playing defences in the league.

:pardsgrin: