Accrington Stanley 2 - 3 Newcastle Utd - 25/08/10 - post match reaction from p20

Dave

One thing about Accrington is they've got some players that can strike a fucking ball that's for sure.

Aye, I'll remember that from tomorrow onwards when I forget they ever existed again.

:lol: But they're one of the most famous names in English football, many people have a soft spot for them for whatever reason! According to the commentators.. I'll remember them for being small-time cunts with shit chants, bog roll and hacking down 18 year olds.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

So what was that 50 extra minutes. Almost lost my bet.

That was the 2nd half. They often happen in football games.

Guest michaelfoster

So what was that 50 extra minutes. Almost lost my bet.

That was the 2nd half. They often happen in football games.

:D

Lua Lua, Krul and Ranger were the major plus sides. Good seeing Kadar back and Tavernier didn't do too bad.

None of the kids embarrassed themselves. Donaldson and Vukic were disappointing in central midfield.

Lovenkrands and Shola were pants for the most part, Lovenkrands especially.

Not convinced Lua Lua is cut out for the premiership but this should do his confidence good, shame he could score, he really deserved it.

Quite a fun match really. Biggest disappointment was Vuckic but I think Donaldson being another attacking midfielder didn't help. Would be better with a DM in the centre with him or as a second striker I'd imagine.

Ranger was great and really put a shift in, would be better up front but still caused problems.

For once, Kaz played very well. Very lively.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Hopefully Chris sheds some light about the Taylor situation.

"We've had no contact with Steven Taylor."

The ref obviously decided not to spoil Accrington's big night by booking their players. I've seen refs do this before with so-called underdogs and it annoys me. I think there was one card but it should been half a dozen.

I like Lua Lua. He can be frustrating, but he does have the ability to trouble good defenders. Ranger did well considering he was out of position, but needs his head straightening.

The big loser was Lovenkrands. Apart from his goal, he really struggled.