Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

We're walking a Shola wonderland.

We are benefiting so much from someone who is able to hold the ball up and link with others up front.

Aye imagine how much better it would be if we had someone who could hold it up AND score? :lol:

Very rare trait that though and why we haven't had anyone like that since Shearer.

We're walking a Shola wonderland.

We are benefiting so much from someone who is able to hold the ball up and link with others up front.

Aye imagine how much better it would be if we had someone who could hold it up AND score? :lol:

Very rare trait that though and why we haven't had anyone like that since Shearer.

Carroll?

Aye it would be awesome if he could be relied to score 8-12 goals in the PL. Anymore than that is a brilliant striker.

I know what Mick means, Shola is playing his role pretty well but he still looks out of his depth IMO. Not that it matters as long as the system is functioning.

The vast majority of his career he has been either shyte or ridiculously inconsistent. The occasional flash of form (often against the mackems) has just made the crap he mostly serves up seem even more annoying. He had a decent and consistent few months under Roeder (scored some goals too) but he nacked his hip so that was game over for a while. Recently I think he has looked like an international striker (no goals for us yet) - and I disagree that he looks out of his depth. Guess he must want to go to Brazil. 

Are people so entrenched in their views they can't admit he's doing well - as though doing so would invalidate any past justified criticisms?

Maybe some people expect more than a few lay-offs from a forward.

Are people so entrenched in their views they can't admit he's doing well - as though doing so would invalidate any past justified criticisms?

Maybe some people expect more than a few lay-offs from a forward.

He's passing well and dominating opposition defences too.

He's doing very well relative to his past performances in the side and is fulfilling an important role in the system, but he hasn't played exceptionally well or anything. Even when he is on good form like this, Shola still has some glaring limitations and provides very little in the way of goal threat. His performances in the last months or so for club...and country have surprised me, though.

He's doing very well relative to his past performances in the side and is fulfilling an important role in the system, but he hasn't played exceptionally well or anything. Even when he is on good form like this, Shola still has some glaring limitations and provides very little in the way of goal threat. His performances in the last months or so for club...and country have surprised me, though.

He was involved in both goals. A presence, a nuisance.

Generally he kept us moving forward time and time again.