Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

cant access it  but read it this morning

Shola Ameobi has turned down a one year extension to stay at Newcastle. The Nigeria striker was expected to leave St James Park after seeing his contract run down but there have been talks to broker a new deal.

Toon boss Alan Pardew has a striker crisis with on loan forward Loic Remy leaving, Papiss Cisse out until xmas after breaking a kneecap.Pards is hoping owner Mike Ashley will allow at least one more forward to sign for he club this summer but Newcastle have not bought anyone for 18 months.

As a result he has offered Ameobi the option to stay one more season with a possible coaching role to follow but Ameobi who made his first team debut in 2000 wants a two year deal with more game time. That could see him move abroad with clubs in Qatar and Abu Dhabi keen.

He turned down a one year deal, thank f.uck, looks like Ashley have put his hand in his pocket as we literally have no strikers

He turned down a one year deal, thank f.uck, looks like Ashley have put his hand in his pocket as we literally have no strikers

Why do you think he turned it down? He was desperate to stay. I think Ashley's put his hand in his pocket and come out with a deal worth probably 1/3 of what he was on last season or somesuch...

cant access it  but read it this morning

Shola Ameobi has turned down a one year extension to stay at Newcastle. The Nigeria striker was expected to leave St James Park after seeing his contract run down but there have been talks to broker a new deal.

Toon boss Alan Pardew has a striker crisis with on loan forward Loic Remy leaving, Papiss Cisse out until xmas after breaking a kneecap.Pards is hoping owner Mike Ashley will allow at least one more forward to sign for he club this summer but Newcastle have not bought anyone for 18 months.

As a result he has offered Ameobi the option to stay one more season with a possible coaching role to follow but Ameobi who made his first team debut in 2000 wants a two year deal with more game time. That could see him move abroad with clubs in Qatar and Abu Dhabi keen.

Pardew offered him a new contract despite contrary reports? Shola rejecting it? What is this, I don't even...

Seriously our 'strikeforce' is fucking embarrassing. With Shola apparently going, Remy left and Gouffran playing as a defensive winger we have 2(?) league goals scored from our forwards who are left?

Lucky we have all those goals from midfield or we might be in trouble!

Seriously our 'strikeforce' is f***ing embarrassing. With Shola apparently going, Remy left and Gouffran playing as a defensive winger we have 2(?) league goals scored from our forwards who are left?

Not to forget the goals our defenders chip in with from corners!

Seriously our 'strikeforce' is f***ing embarrassing. With Shola apparently going, Remy left and Gouffran playing as a defensive winger we have 2(?) league goals scored from our forwards who are left?

Good point, thank god for those!

Good point, thank god for those!

But, but we don't need to score goals when The King can stop goals when he is on the sidelines.

Lol @ Pardew offering him a new deal (if he did)

Not defending him, I wake up every morning and look at my phone desperately hoping to see his thread title with the word "sacked" in it but it shows how desperate we must be.

Pardew knows he is going to get fuck all to spend, for some reason he thinks Shola would be an acceptable better than nothing option. While Shola definitely isn't the answer and even if the muppet changes his mind on the likes of Ben Arfa or Marveaux we will still have no-one capable of playing as a striker, Cisse will obviously recover but he hasn't been much use for quite some time now and Gouffran is never going to be given the chance to show whether he is capable or not.

Guest chopey

If pardew stays we will get no players through the door that are capable of getting us higher than 10th. If pardew stays then I hope shoal signs a contract, Taylor is our main defender with Elliot in goal and any worth a few quid will be sold.

Then after relegation Ashley can sell us and I can get my season ticket back

As much as it's a relief,  how genuinely terrifying is it that Shola has told us to get fucked.  If we can't get him to stay, what hope have we got of luring someone decent.

shola could do the greatest thing known to man if he signs for someone else then in the press conference explains that he knocked us back because he had no faith in the managers ability and the owners policies were slowly killing the club he loves, therefore he's turning down the testimonial and will donate his own money to charity instead

i'd forgive him if he did that

Not defending him, I wake up every morning and look at my phone desperately hoping to see his thread title with the word "sacked" in it but it shows how desperate we must be.

Pardew knows he is going to get f*** all to spend, for some reason he thinks Shola would be an acceptable better than nothing option. While Shola definitely isn't the answer and even if the muppet changes his mind on the likes of Ben Arfa or Marveaux we will still have no-one capable of playing as a striker, Cisse will obviously recover but he hasn't been much use for quite some time now and Gouffran is never going to be given the chance to show whether he is capable or not.

Nah, that's fair enough. It's a sad state of affairs but I do think his motivation for wanting to keep shola is more politician than anything. He had every chance to play Armstrong this season and didn't.

Pardew's brain just doesn't work. We have players like Bigi who have shown a lot more potential than someone like Gosling but who starts? Lets not get on to the HBA debate!

Pardew knows he is going to get f*** all to spend, for some reason he thinks Shola would be an acceptable better than nothing option. While Shola definitely isn't the answer and even if the muppet changes his mind on the likes of Ben Arfa or Marveaux we will still have no-one capable of playing as a striker, Cisse will obviously recover but he hasn't been much use for quite some time now and Gouffran is never going to be given the chance to show whether he is capable or not.

Nah, that's fair enough. It's a sad state of affairs but I do think his motivation for wanting to keep shola is more politician than anything. He had every chance to play Armstrong this season and didn't.

Pardew's brain just doesn't work. We have players like Bigi who have shown a lot more potential than someone like Gosling but who starts? Lets not get on to the HBA debate!

Gosling only got starts so that he'd agree to be trotted out in front of the press as Pardew's patsy. Let's not kid ourselves here. Then after he'd said his piece he was dropped again.

Look Mike, when Shola Ameobi, Shola fucking Ameobi, is knocking back your offers something is very wrong with your club.  Like getting knocked back by a drunk, fat, ugly, ginger slapper called Maureen 'the bike' McSlag.

He's probably rejected it as he actually fancies playing a few games somewhere rather than just hang about for the sake of being one of Pardew's allies. Fair enough. Ridiculous how we've even offered him it.

He's probably rejected it as he actually fancies playing a few games somewhere rather than just hang about for the sake of being one of Pardew's allies. Fair enough. Ridiculous how we've even offered him it.

What, 13, 14 years?  And he's just decided now it might be nice to actually play?

How many conflicting stories are we going to get about Shola and a new contract?

The story we've heard most frequently is that Pardew wants to offer Shola a 1 year contract but the club hierarchy (whoever they are) have said they won't offer Shola a new contract.

Now the story is the club have offered Shola a 1 year contract but he has turned it down as he wants a 2 year contract and guaranteed starts.

If the club did want to keep Shola (please no), he is not in a position to dictate terms. It's not like he has got loads of other clubs beating a path to his door to sign him up. If he has turned an offer down as he wants to play regularly then I suggest he should leave. If NUFC sign Shola up and play him regularly in the 2014/2015 season then NUFC are as good as relegated before the season even starts.

It is in Pardew's interest to have a striker who is better than Shola. I'm sure Pardew doesn't like being unpopular with the fans. Signing a 3 goals in 2 years striker isn't going to help Pardew on or off the pitch.

Other clubs are starting to announce which players they are releasing. We know Gosling is going. Hopefully Shola will too. If Mike Ashley doesn't want NUFC to be relegated next season he is going to HAVE to get NUFC some firepower.