Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

Unsure why he came on for Cisse today like. Really we should be keeping him just for the cup games and s*nderland

AP mentioned Cisse had a back problem which seems to be why he came off.

Protecting him there.

Unsure why he came on for Cisse today like. Really we should be keeping him just for the cup games and s*nderland

AP mentioned Cisse had a back problem which seems to be why he came off.

aye, he cant find the back of the net.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2232073/Shola-Ameobi-ready-Nigeria-debut.html

Ameobi said: 'I want to do the best that I can, I don't just want to be a local hero, I want to be an international one. That's what has driven the decision.

'This is the first opportunity that has arisen to do something that I've always felt passionately about and I've always wanted to do. It's a great honour and I don't take it lightly. It's something that I've wanted to do and I'm really, really happy that I've got the opportunity to do it now.

'I'm really excited about it and hopefully I can go and meet up with the rest of the guys and see where we go from here. My focus right now is getting through this week and really looking forward to the game next weekend against Swansea.

'You'd be a fool if you didn't want to play at the very highest level and certainly I'm no fool. I want to play at the top as every other player does - that's what drives me and that's why I'm still here wanting to play in the Premier League.

'I think with my age and the travelling, Alan Pardew has said he's worried. You don't get back until later, you don't get much time to recover but it's something that we will look at and make sure I'm not doing a disservice to the club.

'Newcastle United will always be No 1 for me, that is the bread and butter so that is something we'll look at. But he's delighted for me, as you'd expect because he wants a squad full of internationals here. He's happy for me.

'I'm really excited. Nigeria is where I'm from, that's my heritage and I've never forgotten my roots. The majority of my family are from Nigeria and they're really excited about this. My parents are really, really happy but they would have supported me either way. It's a case of better late than never.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2232073/Shola-Ameobi-ready-Nigeria-debut.html

Ameobi said: 'I want to do the best that I can, I don't just want to be a local hero, I want to be an international one. That's what has driven the decision.

'This is the first opportunity that has arisen to do something that I've always felt passionately about and I've always wanted to do. It's a great honour and I don't take it lightly. It's something that I've wanted to do and I'm really, really happy that I've got the opportunity to do it now.

'I'm really excited about it and hopefully I can go and meet up with the rest of the guys and see where we go from here. My focus right now is getting through this week and really looking forward to the game next weekend against Swansea.

'You'd be a fool if you didn't want to play at the very highest level and certainly I'm no fool. I want to play at the top as every other player does - that's what drives me and that's why I'm still here wanting to play in the Premier League.

'I think with my age and the travelling, Alan Pardew has said he's worried. You don't get back until later, you don't get much time to recover but it's something that we will look at and make sure I'm not doing a disservice to the club.

'Newcastle United will always be No 1 for me, that is the bread and butter so that is something we'll look at. But he's delighted for me, as you'd expect because he wants a squad full of internationals here. He's happy for me.

'I'm really excited. Nigeria is where I'm from, that's my heritage and I've never forgotten my roots. The majority of my family are from Nigeria and they're really excited about this. My parents are really, really happy but they would have supported me either way. It's a case of better late than never.'

It's a bit late for that.

Any notion of him playing for his country of origin, where his heritage lies, should have been cast aside the moment he accepted a call-up to play for his adopted country (the Eng U21's).

Nationality loopholes, which allow footballers pick & choose (in this case giving Ameobi an opportunistic & only int.touney appearance, before retirement, via the rear door), are a joke.

I agree with you in a way, but I'd represent my second country in a heartbeat (wasn't born there, not been back in years and no longer have close family there) mainly because I'd be extremely proud to do so, not because of wanting a piece of the spotlight.

Shola's loved for his exploits v the mackems but we have to accept his limitations. It's ludicrous he's still getting so much game time for us and after all these years is still our go to plan b.

I agree with you in a way, but I'd represent my second country in a heartbeat (wasn't born there, not been back in years and no longer have close family there) mainly because I'd be extremely proud to do so, not because of wanting a piece of the spotlight.

I don't really see the problem. He identifies with two countries - one doesn't want him. Him playing for the other makes perfect sense really.