Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

Watching some of his goals now. Gotta say one thing about him, he really does take a mean penalty.

He's a sublime finisher overall. The penalty against Sunderland was brilliant - one of the best i've seen, and that's after years of watching Shearer take them.

He's just had a good game against Wolves, the lot of you want to wake up. It's a f***ing disgrace if he's playing 'a big part' next season.

Probably want to read the posts first :thup:

Like the one that mentions him playing 'a big part' next season? :lol:

Watching some of his goals now. Gotta say one thing about him, he really does take a mean penalty.

He's a sublime finisher overall. The penalty against Sunderland was brilliant - one of the best i've seen, and that's after years of watching Shearer take them.

He's not. Doing something very well 1/4 times, very poorly 2/4 times and intermediately well 1/4 times makes you "below average", which would be a fitting description of Shola in nearly all aspects of football other than aerial ability and physical strength.

I'm not someone who normally laughs, but that Shola video a page or two back really caught me. :lol: It was brilliant.

"The least you can do is put yourself about and work hard"

Is he taking the fuckin piss??? When has he ever done that? Aye he had a good game this weekend but its taken him more than 10 years to work out this the very least he should be doin

Is he taking the fuckin piss??? When has he ever done that? Aye he had a good game this weekend but its taken him more than 10 years to work out this the very least he should be doin

If half the players we've been paying significant salaries over the past 10 years were willing to put their body on the line as much as #23 has, we'd not have the ridiculous injury list that 'cursed' us under Robson, Souness, etc.

If half the players we've been paying significant salaries over the past 10 years were willing to put their body on the line as much as #23 has, we'd not have the ridiculous injury list that 'cursed' us under Robson, Souness, etc.

:dowie:

wouldn't we have had a worse injury list if people were putting their "bodies on the line", by that that i assume you mean playing through his various injuries - football (and NUFC) is littered with people rushing themselves back from injuries and suffering recurrences

in fact didn't little mickey do that prior to the world cup?  turned out well :lol:

He's not. Doing something very well 1/4 times, very poorly 2/4 times and intermediately well 1/4 times makes you "below average", which would be a fitting description of Shola in nearly all aspects of football other than aerial ability and physical strength.

I'm not someone who normally laughs, but that Shola video a page or two back really caught me. :lol: It was brilliant.

You sound fun. ;-)

Says the guy who wants Leon Best starting. Can't see a great deal between them tbh.

Exactly. It's as if he thinks Best is the next Ronaldo.

We need to sign at least two quality strikers, and shed Ameobi and/or Lovenkrands.

I'll have no talk of getting rid of Shola like. He's part of the furniture, immovable, like a senile old grandma.

Shola stays, that's all.

Don't have a problem with him staying, as long as he's happy to be third/fourth choice striker.

I don't get this whole "easy target" thing. He's an easy target because he's shite. He may have played through the pain barrier but so he should for 20-30k a week.

I don't get this whole "easy target" thing. He's an easy target because he's s****. He may have played through the pain barrier but so he should for 20-30k a week.

Harsh, with the face injury he has he is doing well to play as a target man at all. Premiership centre backs are as tough and uncompromising as they come.