Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

Time to move him on, well it's been time for a while. I wouldn't mind a loan out to Blackpool in all honesty, would like to see him start and finish the majority of games at prem level and actually get a decent tally. It won't happen here so he might as well take that kind of move.

A permanent deal for cash would be class like, but a loan could could also benefit all parties.

Would love to see him at another club. Not just because it would mean we didn't have to look after him anymore, but it would mean him leaving his comfort zone. There can't be many players in this game who've basically dossed around the same club for 15-20 years. Probably gets his mam to do his ironing for him.

Love the guy, been very important for us at times and scored some cracking goals. If he has to move on fair enough, but if he is happy being some way down the pecking order, I'm not worried about him staying on for another season.

Certainly I don't think he deserves half of the shit levelled at him in this thread.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

He will be here his whole career.

Will always find reasons and make excuses to stay, always has. He's a moron and a cunt :lol:

I don't know why but this really made me laugh. Also, I can imagine Bannatyne saying it on Dragons' Den. :lol: And for that reason, Shola should be out.

:lol: Dragon's Den would be so much better if they really said what they thought.

'Your... "business plan"--if I can call it that--is nothing short of moronic. My five year-old has done better with crayons. You're a retard and, in my opinion, a borderline fucking lunatic. The only way this product would sell is if you went to live in the land of fucking cunts. I'm out. Get to fuck.'

'Your... "business plan"--if I can call it that--is nothing short of moronic. My five year-old has done better with crayons. You're a retard and, in my opinion, a borderline fucking lunatic. The only way this product would sell is if you went to live in the land of fucking cunts. I'm out. Get to fuck.'

...says Evan Davis.

"and take that stupid hat off ffs!"

Honestly, I hate him. I think he's given up on football. I don't think he enjoys playing. I don't think he cares about winning. Nicky Butt had the same issues but had an amount of professionalism that ensured he gave a bit back to the club.

I don't normally make threads like this, but I honestly don't know why he's (still) at the club.

hes got a lot of potential.

SHOLA Ameobi has told of his frustration at starting the Premier League season on the bench.

And the Newcastle United striker knows he will have to be patient as he waits for opportunities, given the form of Andy Carroll and Kevin Nolan up front.

Ameobi came off the bench in last Sunday's 6-0 hammering of Aston Villa, with manager Chris HADVERTISEMENT

ughton opting to play captain Nolan as a second forward behind Carroll, the pair scoring five goals between them.

Follow Gazette Newcastle United writer Miles Starforth on Twitter here

And the 28-year-old had to wait until Wednesday to get his first start of the season.

Ameobi took his chance, scoring in Newcastle's 3-2 Carling Cup win over Accrington Stanley.

And Ameobi – who candidly admits he has told Hughton of his frustration – is hoping he's a little closer to a Premier League start after his performance at the Crown Ground.

"There's a disappointment on my part that I'm not part of that at the moment," said Ameobi, who started last season strongly before being sidelined by a series of injuries.

"I feel the need to be playing football. The lads are doing well, and (Accrington) gave me the chance to get 90 minutes and stake my claim for the first team.

"I've made my view known to the manager – he knows I want to play, like every other member of the squad.

"Last season was a bit disappointing with the injuries I had. I was raring to go this season.

"Obviously, Andy's flying high, and he's preferring Nobby (Nolan) up there, which is the manager's decision.

"I've made my points known to him. I just I can get my chance, and when it comes, I can take it."

Ameobi knows he and his team-mates, in action against Wolverhampton Wanderers at Molineux this afternoon, won't have it all their own way this season, especially away from St James's Park.

"We know how difficult it's going to be away from home," added Ameobi.

"It's going to be a little bit different to the Championship.

"We have to go there with a positive attitude, and hopefully we can get at least a point there. That's our target – to pick up points wherever we go.

"Hopefully we can use the confidence we got against Villa, and in the cup, in that game."

Stop whining you big pansy.

Guest BooBoo

Nolans had the nickname Nobby for years.

I could never hate Shola, he's limited but given us some really important goals.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

:lol:

What? How's he eligible for Scotland - dodgy passport scam in his Uncle's shed? Ah, I guess he's British.