Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

We didn't make a profit on either of those.

That is true..But the point is that we're getting better value for money with the likes of Cabaye and Peters.That enables us to reinforce in other areas of the pitch, hopefully..

Seen nothing of Pieters but I'll be amazed if he's better value for money than Enrique.

Seen nothing of Pieters but I'll be amazed if he's better value for money than Enrique.

What's Enrique now earning in LFC? 70-80? ..That's more than Baines and probably on the same level as Cole and Evra..He's good, but not that good..

What's Enrique now earning in LFC? 70-80? ..That's more than Baines and probably on the same level as Cole and Evra..He's good, but not that good..

That's bollocks.

1. You have no idea that he's on that.

2. You'll struggle to get a left back as good as him, so he's worth every penny.

He's that good,

You could argue that over the 5 year contract Enrique was not value for money. We made zero net on transfer fees, and paid £3m per year to get two good seasons. So roughly £15m net spend for two good seasons, one in the Championship.

I love Enrique by the way and think he will be considered by the wider football world to be the best left back in the league by the end of this season.

You could argue that over the 5 year contract Enrique was not value for money. We made zero net on transfer fees, and paid £3m per year to get two good seasons. So roughly £15m net spend for two good seasons, one in the Championship.

I love Enrique by the way and think he will be considered by the wider football world to be the best left back in the league by the end of this season.

He was one of the few players to come out of the relegation season with credit, he generally played well that season, its just a myth he suddenly came good in the Championship imo. Once we were relegated everyone was saying how Enrique was going to storm the Championship.

So he was, should check Wikipedia first.

120 appearances over 4 years, at a net cost of £12m ish? Actually, when you look at it that way, probably one of the better value for money signings of the last 5 years.

Worth a little bump to document some of the West ham fans opinions on our former captain:

immobile

disinterested

on £65 K + a week?

do me a favour with this c*** and send him back on the 28 day distance selling rule= NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE!!!

so tell me- what exactly did he do tonight as the elder statesman/captain/leader-- just like saturday f***ing around drinking water on 90 minutes, misses a chance and they go up the other end and and score. I havent seen anything much from him- he;s doing exactly what BFS wants- in this case tonight f*** all. period

just like fat sam . big over blown f***ing ego merchant

slow;

cant jump

doesnt appear to have a short or long pass on him,

kind of gets near a tackle but really never makes it

did he win a header

leader ship?

shall i go on?

Read more:

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=134242&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=60

You could see this coming a mile off.

its just a myth he suddenly came good in the Championship imo.

It's not your opinion, it's fact. Only occasional fantasisers are saying otherwise.

He was one of the few players to come out of the relegation season with credit, he generally played well that season, its just a myth he suddenly came good in the Championship imo. Once we were relegated everyone was saying how Enrique was going to storm the Championship.

Spot on.  You could always see he was going to end up being class, even in his first season when he was making a lot of mistakes.  He has had 2 quality seasons here and 1 decent enough.  3 out of 4 ain't bad.

We didn't make a profit on either of those.

That is true..But the point is that we're getting better value for money with the likes of Cabaye and Peters.That enables us to reinforce in other areas of the pitch, hopefully..

So would I as Enrique is a class above most. I'm sure we could have got a lot more for him if he hadn't only had a year left on his contract.

On the subject of Nolan I banged on enough about the tub of lard when he was here so it doesn't surprise me that the Hammer fans are quickly moaning about the same drawbacks.

• 5 weeks later...

Even though I'm grateful for his goals and leadership during his time here, it's makes such a refreshing difference having the energy and quality on the ball of Cabaye in the centre of the park over watching Nolan blowing out of his arse after 20 minutes.

Even though I'm grateful for his goals and leadership during his time here, it's makes such a refreshing difference having the energy and quality on the ball of Cabaye in the centre of the park over watching Nolan blowing out of his arse after 20 minutes.

Our midfield is so much better without him and that was always going to be the case as long as we brought in somebody with a little movement, Cabaye is a massive upgrade in that respect.

Our midfield is so much better without him and that was always going to be the case as long as we brought in somebody with a little movement, Cabaye is a massive upgrade in that respect.

Both of your posts sums it up for me. Nolan gets my respect for what he did for us in the last two years in terms of his goals and leadership on and off the pitch. But our midfield this season with Cabaye-Tiote is evidently a big improvement on last season's.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

He wasn't completely "useless" off the ball but it's a huge improvement having people able to move the ball quickly and with more technique.

I'll never forget the 5-1 hattrick and some of the other vital goals he scored for us; his leadership was brilliant too, and he should never have to buy a drink in Newcastle again. But - we're playing better without him.

What about a five man midfield with Nolan off Ba?

Na.

I'm assuming he was saying that tongue in cheek. You might as well play another striker off Ba, it's a bit daft to describe it as a 5 man midfield.