Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

Great player, leader, captain, person, trainer and mostly a friend for life. Devastated to see him SOLD! #mejoseandjonasnext

:(

Great player, leader, captain, person, trainer and mostly a friend for life. Devastated to see him SOLD! #mejoseandjonasnext

What an unbelievable tit.  :facepalm:

He wants to leave for free, Jose wants to leave as well, more to do with them than the club.

Some people need to calm down.

No doubt Nolan has done great for us the last two years on and off the pitch, but teams, clubs and players move on. This is life. Nolan isnt good enough on the pitch if the club/Pardew have ambitions of progressing. Ive said it before, but when he doesnt score, he contributes very little.

Ill be sad to see him go, I like him, he clearly loves the club, but you cant have someone on £40k plus a week for the next 5 years hanging around the dressing room to motivate people.

KK wasnt scared to move people on when we got promoted.

Surely it is best to move on with someone better in place of him?

Well yeah, here is 10 weeks of the transfer window left

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

:(

Stay classy, Joey!  :undecided:

Can I just mention that Golfmag was right, by the way.

Sorry not up to speed, about what?

A very specific part of Pardew's written remit is to reduce costs and the debt, to make it easier for MA to sell the club. Look at everything he says in this context..

I wanna ask, which of the following scenario you guys think is more likely?

A.  The club is forced to let Nolan go as it is unlikely to tie his contract down at a reasonable cost

B.  The club wants to get rid of Nolan for a long time and use the contract row as an excuse

To me it's likely to be B.  I feel like there's a hidden agenda behind the scene to get rid of these high cost players, e.g. Barton, Smith and Nolan.

But the player we've brought in who plays in his role is on higher wages.

I am not against the idea of bringing in Cabaye.  The wages are better spent.  No doubt about that.  I am just thinking whether Nolan would be sold even if there's no contract row. 

I have never had such a feeling towards the club before.  In the past we were famous of being idiot, spending too much on fees and wages, and on the other hand, being too lenient towards our key players and eventually ruin some of them (e.g. Dyer, Jenas).  It's bad in financial perspective but on the other hand it does give you a feeling that the club did treasure the players as a "football player".  Now it is completely the opposite.  We've made a few bargains, get some decent results and stay in EPL, financially looks great, no more silly money...but then the players are treated like an "asset" rather than a player.  They are disposed when their useful value is less than the wages. 

Nolan, no matter what, is our captain and played a huge role last season.  I would have no problem selling him after next season if he fails to score as much as now, just like how we treated Speed before. 

I really think the club has gone too far this time. Way too far.

Guest johnson293

30 Goals in 85 appearances, seems to me getting rid of a 1 in 3ish midfielder who is a known leader might not be the best decision we've ever made. At 28 he could have gone on for another couple of seasons for us comfortably.

17 of those goals in the championship, TBH.

A very specific part of Pardew's written remit is to reduce costs and the debt, to make it easier for MA to sell the club. Look at everything he says in this context..

So, let's hope this is true as well then.  :undecided:

If that is the case then shouldn't people be happy Ashley is preparing to sell?

:facepalm: The thing with the Caroll sale was there was a massive positive to offset the loss. I really don't see what the fuck we gain from selling him, other than a small-medium transfer fee, while we stand to lose a lot.

As much as I like Joey, spouting that on the twitter does not help. Wouldn't be surprised if the club have a word with him about that.

30 Goals in 85 appearances, seems to me getting rid of a 1 in 3ish midfielder who is a known leader might not be the best decision we've ever made. At 28 he could have gone on for another couple of seasons for us comfortably.

17 of those goals in the championship, TBH.

17 goals that still needed scoring, TBH.

Guest icemanblue

He can fuck off too, twitting shit like that, there has been no talk of Jonas going, and Jose is being a twat over his contract.

Player power needs stamped on!

:lol: Idiot.

If that is the case then shouldn't people be happy Ashley is preparing to sell?

By ruining the club first? fuck off

Guest johnson293

Some people need to calm down.

No doubt Nolan has done great for us the last two years on and off the pitch, but teams, clubs and players move on. This is life. Nolan isnt good enough on the pitch if the club/Pardew have ambitions of progressing. Ive said it before, but when he doesnt score, he contributes very little.

Ill be sad to see him go, I like him, he clearly loves the club, but you cant have someone on £40k plus a week for the next 5 years hanging around the dressing room to motivate people.

KK wasnt scared to move people on when we got promoted.

^ Agree with all of this.