Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

I wonder who the Ashley apologists will side with on these latest quotes? Another key player who left and had a pop at the club's board. Surely it can't be a coincidence? Makes you wonder what else has got to happen for these folk to wake up and smell the coffee. Not surprised in the slightest that Llambias backed out on a gentleman's agreement because he's a slimey fecker with no class. Doubtlessly he will now come out in the media over the next couple of days and attack Nolan - or perhaps it'll be left the the 'senior club source' again. :rolleyes:

Seriously. Who the fuck on here doesn't think Llambias is a slimy, deceitful, dishonest cunt who persistently shits on both employees of the club and its loyal fanbase? What is the point of this post?

Guest BooBoo

Nolan really should never had to buy a pint in this town again.

This bunch of cowboys have not one iota of class or respect. Absolute bunch of tossers.

I guess from a management point of view it was essential they kept Nolan on-side for the remainder of last season.

Not saying I agree with "lying" to players like that, but I could understand if they had given him a rosier picture than reality and tried to fudge the issue a bit until the end of the season.

Doesn't look good when it comes out like this, obviously.

Nolan really should never had to buy a pint in this town again.

This bunch of cowboys have not one iota of class or respect. Absolute bunch of tossers.

He still wouldn't have to. Guy did too much for us while he was here

I wonder who the Ashley apologists will side with on these latest quotes? Another key player who left and had a pop at the club's board. Surely it can't be a coincidence? Makes you wonder what else has got to happen for these folk to wake up and smell the coffee. Not surprised in the slightest that Llambias backed out on a gentleman's agreement because he's a slimey fecker with no class. Doubtlessly he will now come out in the media over the next couple of days and attack Nolan - or perhaps it'll be left the the 'senior club source' again. :rolleyes:

Seriously. Who the fuck on here doesn't think Llambias is a slimy, deceitful, dishonest cunt who persistently shits on both employees of the club and its loyal fanbase? What is the point of this post?

My point is to the apologists on here who blindly back the regime no matter what shitty business the club does.

Guest BooBoo

Which other club, would treat their captain like that? It's like Animal Farm with Boxer- "thanks for your hard work but you're too old so please fuck off to the glue factory."

It is a lack of respect to a player who IMO is owed a great deal by Ashley.  His determination to keep the players focussed and the supporters onside because the club was more important than any one individual contributed hugely to our promotion and to keeping things on track whenever the regime decided to throw a spanner in the works such as the Hughton and Carroll situations when things could have got difficult.

I hope he gets a good reception whenever he returns to Newcastle whether at SJP or socially in the town.

My point is to the apologists on here who blindly back the regime no matter what shitty business the club does.

How many of them are there? Name some names.

Guest Heneage

Seriously. Who the f*** on here doesn't think Llambias is a slimy, deceitful, dishonest c*** who persistently shits on both employees of the club and its loyal fanbase? What is the point of this post?

Name them.

It is a lack of respect to a player who IMO is owed a great deal by Ashley.  His determination to keep the players focussed and the supporters onside because the club was more important than any one individual contributed hugely to our promotion and to keeping things on track whenever the regime decided to throw a spanner in the works such as the Hughton and Carroll situations when things could have got difficult.

I hope he gets a good reception whenever he returns to Newcastle whether at SJP or socially in the town.

Course he will, he scored a fucking hat-trick against the mackems man. If anyone didn't give him a good reception they want braying tbh.

Course he will, he scored a f***ing hat-trick against the mackems man. If anyone didn't give him a good reception they want braying tbh.

:snod:

Are you denying that there are such folk on here?

Which other club, would treat their captain like that? It's like Animal Farm with Boxer- "thanks for your hard work but you're too old so please fuck off to the glue factory."

I did think of that exact same analogy, funnily enough.

So glad we didn't give him 4 or 5 years. Don't really care how it ended.

Players today aren't loyal. They'll leave in an instant for a bigger club or a bigger payday, regardless of where it leaves their current club. So why is the club held to a higher standard when dealing with aging players?

I would have been glad to have Nolan for one more year, maybe two, but certainly no more.

I've never seen anybody who blindly backs the regime. I honestly don't know where this has came from. Admittedly I avoid these mindless cyclical discussions so maybe I have missed Ashley's army of followers.

Like I said, some names would be nice.

Whatever your feelings are of Nolan as a player, it doesn't matter. The way he and many others have been treated is nothing short of a disgrace. They know f*** all about football and i really cannot wait til the f***ers leave.

I like some of things Ashley has done, and i wasn't too arsed about Nolan leaving. But to lie to the fans and to treat him lie s*** is not on.

I would love to know how much control/say Lambias has, now much Ashley listens to him, would things improve with a different Chairman, a footballing Chairman.

Maybe we point our anger at the wrong place, could we get Ashley to sack Lambias?

So glad we didn't give him 4 or 5 years. Don't really care how it ended.

Players today aren't loyal. They'll leave in an instant for a bigger club or a bigger payday, regardless of where it leaves their current club. So why is the club held to a higher standard when dealing with aging players?

I would have been glad to have Nolan for one more year, maybe two, but certainly no more.

Fully agree with this.

Nolan was a fantastic captain for us. His contribution after we went down and again last season, for that he'll always be a cult hero. If what he says is 100% accurate, which i doubt, then he's been treated unfairly and deserved better. But no way did he deserve 5 years at >£50k a week.

Icing on the cake this.

Totally disgusted with the utter contempt that these cunts treat the players, the fans and the club itself.

Nolan was the captain ffs.

Guest BooBoo

No wonder there's so many tales of an unhappy camp. Players will be wondering who's next to be shat on?

I've never seen anybody who blindly backs the regime. I honestly don't know where this has came from. Admittedly I avoid these mindless cyclical discussions so maybe I have missed Ashley's army of followers.

Like I said, some names would be nice.

I'm not saying that there is an 'army' as such, but I can't name names off the top of my head. It's just something that I remember from debates on here in the past. If anyone else can do so, feel free and hopefully prove that I'm not off my rocker on this one. ;)

I have had arguements on another board with some folk who are quite blase about the regime and the way it treats people. For myself I might be cynical in my old age but I will say things as I see it and not merely go 'oh well' whilst preparing to bend over for another buggering.