Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

A lot of people are continuing to miss the bigger picture (no pun intended) when it comes to Nolan (and to a certain extent: Smith, Jonas) etc.

We had 3 decent performances, including the supernova of 6-0 vs Villa, from the first three matches. What would it have said to the squad if one of those players was dropped just to make way for one of the new players?

Since we started this season, the only justification for him starting was that he could score goals. In the last 2 matches he has missed numerous gilt-edged opportunities in positions he should be scoring from, so now his only justification has gone. Football is a fickle and cut-throat world, he was a luxury player last season, he didn't create anything and rarely contributed just put the finishing touches on our attacks we don't have the luxury any more, we need a player who actually does something playing in the hole to survive.

Since we started this season, the only justification for him starting was that he could score goals. In the last 2 matches he has missed numerous gilt-edged opportunities in positions he should be scoring from, so now his only justification has gone. Football is a fickle and cut-throat world, he was a luxury player last season, he didn't create anything and rarely contributed just put the finishing touches on our attacks we don't have the luxury any more, we need a player who actually does something playing in the hole to survive.

:nope:

He does get into decent positions at times, but anyone would if they set up camp in the opposition's penalty area.

I'm sure he'll score more goals this season purely because all the loose balls that dropped their way yesterday will drop ours and his way but it doesn't hide the fact that he contributes nothing to our attacking play and becomes impossibly invisible when he drops into the midfield role.

How did he end up being such a useless wanker?

:nope:

You can't have a passenger at this level simply because he can poach the odd goal when it lands at his feet, the amount of time he spends hanging around waiting for that to happen outweighs that.

He does get into decent positions at times, but anyone would if they set up camp in the opposition's penalty area.

I'm sure he'll score more goals this season purely because all the loose balls that dropped their way yesterday will drop ours and his way but it doesn't hide the fact that he contributes nothing to our attacking play and becomes impossibly invisible when he drops into the midfield role.

How did he end up being such a useless w*****?

Apisith, that said, I will start him over Ameobi for that role.  I am serious, I can see that if Nolan's dropped Ameobi will play instead of HBA.

This Nolan signalling to the bench for Hughton to make a sub is a very worrying development indeed. I saw him do it and at first I thought he meant that he was injured and wanted to come off but no, it seems now that he was telling Hughton to make a sub but obviously not him.

This Nolan signalling to the bench for Hughton to make a sub is a very worrying development indeed. I saw him do it and at first I thought he meant that he was injured and wanted to come off but no, it seems now that he was telling Hughton to make a sub but obviously not him.

I thought that at the time bit I wrote it off as something else. If he genuinely was signalling to sub a teammate off then he's an almighty cunt.

Agree 100%, and it will end in tears. Ours probably. :(

I thought that at the time bit I wrote it off as something else. If he genuinely was signalling to sub a teammate off then he's an almighty cunt.

If I've read this situation right, I'd be more angry about Hughton allowing such behaviour. Get the fat twat in line immediately.

As club captain there's not a lot wrong with him suggesting to the manager that a change might be helpful. If it's not working it's not working, and the captain has the right to express his opinion as the designated link between the players and management.

I'm far more worried that it seemingly took that to happen before Hughton did change it. :undecided:

As club captain there's not a lot wrong with him suggesting to the manager that a change might be helpful. If it's not working it's not working, and the captain has the right to express his opinion as the designated link between the players and management.

I'm far more worried that it seemingly took that to happen before Hughton did change it. :undecided:

I'm more worried that he was deemed good enough to get 90 minutes.

If I've read this situation right, I'd be more angry about Hughton allowing such behaviour. Get the fat twat in line immediately.

I'm more angry that Hughton no balls couldn't make the decision himself and couldn't see things needed changing at half time.

It's heartbreaking to know we've finally gotten rid of Butt just to wait another 3-4 years for both Nolan and Smith to go.

Smith's been replaced man, he'll be out of the squad before long seeing as he doesn't offer anything from the bench.

Guest neesy111

It's heartbreaking to know we've finally gotten rid of Butt just to wait another 3-4 years for both Nolan and Smith to go.

Smith's been replaced man, he'll be out of the squad before long seeing as he doesn't offer anything from the bench.

I very much hope that is true.