Everton v Newcastle United - Sat 18th September (3pm)

Skeletor

Guys, you have talked me out of my old team. Now I propose:

Krul

Taylor Williamson Coloccini Enrique

Barton Tiote

Nolan Ben Arfa

Lovenkrands Carroll

Although if Carroll's ankle needs a rest to properly recover, play Shola.

Krul

Barton Tiote

Nolan Ben Arfa

Lovenkrands Carroll

That one is also poor! Way too narrow.

Krul

Barton Tiote

Nolan Ben Arfa

Lovenkrands Carroll

Your selection is inspired.

I reckon we should go with

Krul

Taylor

Colo

Williamson

Enrique

Tiote

Jonas

Routledge

Barton

Ben Arfa

Carroll

(that's not a list, it's my T27-inspired formation btw)

I will be so dissapointed with Hughton if he chooses to leave any of Smith or Nolan in the team for this game.

Jonas has a great work ethic and partners Enrique very well, they have a good understanding, why break that, also why put Ben Arfa into a position that isn't his preffered one. Replace that fat useless hippo and we would have a half decent attack...

Tiote, even though I havent seen him play, must be a better option than Smith, for god's sake Chris!!! smell the coffeeeeeeeeeeeee

I forgot to add that a personal preference of mine would be to change james perch for Ryan Taylor. there are two reasons for this:

1) In my eyes Perch has got off lightly with only a yellow per game, he panicks a lot and makes too many rash challenges, players also shrug him off easily.

2) Andy Carrol likes crosses into the box to be placed inch perfect, that's where his main abilities are; winning everything in the air. Raylor provides thise crosses and is a threat going forward.

I honestly think that Raylor is no worse a defender than Perch but offers much more offensively, specially when you think about what we need to do to make Carrol score...

I will be so dissapointed with Hughton if he chooses to leave any of Smith or Nolan in the team for this game.

Jonas has a great work ethic and partners Enrique very well, they have a good understanding, why break that, also why put Ben Arfa into a position that isn't his preffered one. Replace that fat useless hippo and we would have a half decent attack...

Tiote, even though I havent seen him play, must be a better option than Smith, for god's sake Chris!!! smell the coffeeeeeeeeeeeee

Yeah, for me this is the first game where there's been a stack of reasons to leave out Smith/Nolan and play Tiote/Ben Arfa. Although Everton's midfield will be a tough baptism for Tiote.

I won't be surprised if it doesn't happen in this game, but the next one I'll be gutted.

I forgot to add that a personal preference of mine would be to change james perch for Ryan Taylor. there are two reasons for this:

1) In my eyes Perch has got off lightly with only a yellow per game, he panicks a lot and makes too many rash challenges, players also shrug him off easily.

2) Andy Carrol likes crosses into the box to be placed inch perfect, that's where his main abilities are; winning everything in the air. Raylor provides thise crosses and is a threat going forward.

I honestly think that Raylor is no worse a defender than Perch but offers much more offensively, specially when you think about what we need to do to make Carrol score...

Agreed with everything you said.

Agreed with everything you said.

Wise words indeed :dowie:

Guest sittingontheball

Wow, Tiote plays! Felliani can be pretty dirty and many refs are homers, so it could be a tricky start.

Still can't see Nolan or Barton being dropped so it must be one of the wide players for HBA.

Guest neesy111

Nolan and Smith out, Ben Arfa and Tiote in. This is what should happen.

A 3 of Jonas, HBA and Routledge is actually a quite exciting prospect. Really hope it happens.

Agreed, but will it happen though.