Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

come on man you lot, it's purely so we can ask for a bigger fee when we sell him in january

Spot on, but I think it will be summer.

i was taking the p*ss....were you ?

Definitely not. Ashleys will have learnt from Enrique / Barton and wont want Jonas away on the cheap in the summer.

Much easier to tie up now than when Marveaux is keeping him out.

Before everyone gets too carried away, remember Ashley does want us to be self sufficient. That will require us to make money on players like Jonas.

Come in here expecting happy faces. I was wrong...

The vast majority is very happy. There's some dafties out there though who just have to put a negative spin on everything. This is nothing else than very good news.

aye

happy as larry with this news :)

Wow, absolutely over the moon with this, was confident he'd be the next out, really didn't see this coming. Can't remember being this happy about a contract renewal before like, sign of the times. :lol: Fair play to the club though, very optimistic Colo can stay now too. O0

This is really interesting. How much older is Coloccini, is he 29?

Hopefully this will pave the way for Coloccini to get a three year deal, seeing him up to 32 too. There is absolutely no way the club would give Jonas a new contract without the intention of doing the same with Coloccini (assuming they can agree on things). Jonas and Coloccini are peas in a pod, good times i feel. Coloccini staying is the dividing line between success and failure in my mind and us keeping Jonas is one step closer to us keeping Coloccini.

I saw 'Jonas Gutierrez signs...' in the latest post column and thought it was just a stupid random bump. Very glad to say I was wrong :D What a beautiful man. And I'm probably only number 12 million to echo these sentiments, but gives me hope for Colo now :aww: