Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Despite Enrique going, two great things have happened to Jonas. He now has competition to keep him on his toes and teams cant afford to double mark him with Obertan, Cabaye and Ben Arfa around.

This. One of the positives to Barton leaving tbh. Gives us pace and a vital outlet on the right and thus a bit more balance.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

He's limited though, remember.

Even Messi is limited but dont stop trying to seem clever.........

:pow:

Delighted,we can actually keep players!

Not even Ashley can sell players when the transfer window is closed. ;)

I'm as cynical about Ashley as you dave but I honestly thought he'd be shipped out regardless of form,seems we're actually thinking about retaining players that add to the squad,which is a pleasant surprise for me.

Gona score today

I LOVE YOU SKIRGE

Aye but I backed him to score first

:lol:

Actually, I think Jill dreamt it first!

Which means Madras'll be a surprise substitute at some point.

;)

Delighted,we can actually keep players!

Not even Ashley can sell players when the transfer window is closed. ;)

I'm as cynical about Ashley as you dave but I honestly thought he'd be shipped out regardless of form,seems we're actually thinking about retaining players that add to the squad,which is a pleasant surprise for me.

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/8721/ashleyj.jpg

It's important not to use him, or expect him to play, as a "winger" because swinging crosses in is not his game. There's loads of players have played wide very successfully in the Premier League without getting cross after cross in, especially for teams that play on the deck - look at Ljungberg and Pires.

Get him running at people but with the players around him to allow him to drift into the box and release it short, he's a tremendous player.

Despite Enrique going, two great things have happened to Jonas. He now has competition to keep him on his toes and teams cant afford to double mark him with Obertan, Cabaye and Ben Arfa around.

Totally agreed, last season in far too many games he was crowded since most of our attacks came down the left, more space now for him to attack