Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Guest ToonZA

Jonas was immense today.

Especially in his movement and passing. Kept us ticking over and had a really calming effect on the rest of the team and that was even before - as I have read here - he was handed the armband. (Was wondering who had the armband when Colo went off)

I still have some doubts about his defensive capabilities in the middle of the park, but where he failed, others covered for him superbly.

The others will get the headlines for the goals and the assists, but we need to look no further than Jonas for a heroic performance today.

Guest Howaythetoon

I always thought he'd do well in a central role in midfiled like. He was immense today like and has done well in general all season to be honest.

fantastic today in a bit of an unfamiliar role. I thought that one thing that made the game v Norwich so insipid was the way we got the ball to our forwards (who look absolutely top class today).

Jonas was getting the ball from the defence and finding some decent little passes.  He worked very hard as ever and I think he will be crucial if we are going to play this way.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Him and Ben Arfa have played that clever reverse ball a few times now. Jonas is a very clever player, want to see more interchange with him and Ba at the other end of the field.

He was really good centrally today and I think this new formation played to a lot of strengths - Cabaye gets more chances to get forward, Jonas looked good, Ben Arfa excelled in the hole and we saw how well Cisse played. We teased this in the first half at Fulham but lacked the personnel to do it well, but now we look really good. Get a centre back and right back and we'll be laughing.

Always rated Jonas - he has been committed from day 1, he's had the usual form and fatigue issues that all players go through, but he's never let us down. Respect to Pardew for having the imagination to play him in a holding role and respect to the player for having the team ethic to play in a position that he wasn't hired to play in. 

I reckon he's been found out by opposition defenders playing on the wing after a few years now. His wing play is somewhat one dimensional and he lacks the burst of pace to wriggle away from full backs that Ben Arfa possesses. IMO this new role could be a new lease of life for him, and he can always revert to the wing should we need to tinker with the formation mid game.

Brilliant today.