Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Not that it means anything, but he was probably our best player today.

It doesn't really mean anything though, he's got no end product. He was playing down the left and didn't put in a single good delivery. He tried a couple of shots but since he can't shoot for s*** it's just a waste of possession. Yes he runs around and gets stuck in but to what purpose?

Well, I'd rather have him in there than 90% of the players, only one who seemed to give a s***. Surrounded by bunch of cowards unfortunately. In terms of footballing ability he probably shouldn't be there. But he definitely should be playing in this relegation battle as we'll need someone to give us some sort of effort if we don't want to go down.

I would have Cabella and Abeid in place of Jonas and Taylor. Both can do their respective roles better than either Jonas or Taylor.

I thought both were injured? OR why the fuck weren't they on the pitch today? Haven't really followed us at all tbf.

It doesn't really mean anything though, he's got no end product. He was playing down the left and didn't put in a single good delivery. He tried a couple of shots but since he can't shoot for s*** it's just a waste of possession. Yes he runs around and gets stuck in but to what purpose?

Well, I'd rather have him in there than 90% of the players, only one who seemed to give a s***. Surrounded by bunch of cowards unfortunately. In terms of footballing ability he probably shouldn't be there. But he definitely should be playing in this relegation battle as we'll need someone to give us some sort of effort if we don't want to go down.

I would have Cabella and Abeid in place of Jonas and Taylor. Both can do their respective roles better than either Jonas or Taylor.

I thought both were injured? OR why the fuck weren't they on the pitch today? Haven't really followed us at all tbf.

They were on the bench.

I thought both were injured? OR why the f*** weren't they on the pitch today? Haven't really followed us at all tbf.

They were on the bench.

Carver :lol:

Guest TCD23

Thought he had an okay match today. Probably the only player who seemed to care at the very least

Thought he had an okay match today. Probably the only player who seemed to care at the very least

The problem is, the other teams have players who try hard as well except they can do it better and offer something at one end of the pitch or other. Jonas is a nothing player, he's just another auxiliary left back.

Guest TCD23

The problem is, the other teams have players who try hard as well except they can do it better and offer something at one end of the pitch or other. Jonas is a nothing player, he's just another auxiliary left back.

Oh I agree. His days are long gone. The thing is that he strikes me as the only player who actually has a bit of passion for NUFC. Ideally he'd be going on to the coaching staff and the like but it won't happen.

When he stopped shutting it and remembered to get forward we saw some Jonas of old. You could see the conflict when he just sat deep but needed to be coming forward and overlapping. When he did we looked dangerous.

Regardless he put in a shift other players should look up to. Happy to see him there again at QPR but really overlapping and coming forward. He is not a defender but why shackle his only good attributes so he is next useless in defence and attack.

Proud of Jonas and what he has come through yet still puts a shift like that in.

Carried the ball well but his end product was characteristically bad. We were crying out for Aarons to replace him in the last 20 imo.

As a left back?

Yes he had no end product today , but today we needed to graft and he led by example. If half of the so-call better players put half as much effort in, we wouldn't have been in this position.  :clap:

Jonas was hardly a LB in the final 20 minutes though, he was the one constantly running at Dawson as Pullis decided he really wanted his point to secure a 13th place finish. I would have replaced Taylor and re-jigged the midfield & front 4 thinking about it.