Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

There is something a bit wrong feeling about a player keeping you up & then getting rid. He probably wasnt good enough, but we are allowed to have a squad. Could've offered him another year on a lesser wage, would've been a nice gesture. Not that we need numbers as we never get injuries & always replace the numbers we let go.

He started well, he was destroyed as a left winger by Pardew using him as a 2nd left back and he's finished on a high after coming back from a terrible illness.  I think he should have had another season with us, even if only for his personality as we have very few of those, if any.  I wouldn't have started the Jonas who went to Norwich, the Jonas that played against West Ham was a different player.

Never a fan of him as a player, but I certainly will miss him here. Fantastic personality.

It came and went in his time here. Liked his role and contribution during our 4-3-3 days in 2012.

What a man, on Sunday though.

Anyone remember his first league game under Keegan at Man u away? he was awesome that day.

When he took Evra on and went flying down the wing. THE GREYHOUND THEY SAID  :megusta:

Goodluck Jonas, thanks for getting us back to the premier league, and for keeping us up this year  :rose:

Never a fan of him as a player, but I certainly will miss him here. Fantastic personality.

It came and went in his time here. Liked his role and contribution during our 4-3-3 days in 2012.

He tended to be excellent when the team was playing well and the first to go when the form started dropping.

Finally bucked that trend on the last day of the season though.

Leaves us far more good memories than bad IMO. Good professional in a game littered with unprofessionals. No complaints with him overall. Seem like a great guy also.

He tended to be excellent when the team was playing well and the first to go when the form started dropping.

Finally bucked that trend on the last day of the season though.

He was good when part of a system where he was mainly an enforcer and the pressure wasn't on him to create. Going forward he could just be the extra man.

... And basically, what you said.

Impressed me in his first game, against Manure, and his last. The middle had lots of ups and downs, probably more down than up. But he was the last player left that I had any affinity for. The rest are just thoroughly meh to bleurgh.

Left on a high, best of luck to him and thanks so much for you passion for playing in the Black White stripes, if only everyone had the same amount of passion we would have had a great team.