Realistic Transfer Targets January 2011

Guest koenji

How much would Gervinho cost? around 10m? Probably not gonna happen as we dont have that sort of cash :( But i would love to

see him playing for us, great player for now and the future, can play as a striker, attacking midfielder and out on the wing

He would improve the quality in our team and give us multiple options. Young and a almost guaranteed to be a success and

his value would increase i think. Almost a safe investment i would say.

I read that Tiote recommended him also ;)

Think the biggest signing we need to make over the next season and a half is getting Coloccini and Jose (and to a lesser extent players like Barton) new contracts. I don't know how long they've got left but I'd imagine 2 years tops and they're massive players but will Mike be willing to match their current wages?

I can imagine Tiote attracting a lot of attention as well so we need to hang onto him.

Think the biggest signing we need to make over the next season and a half is getting Coloccini and Jose (and to a lesser extent players like Barton) new contracts. I don't know how long they've got left but I'd imagine 2 years tops and they're massive players but will Mike be willing to match their current wages?

I can imagine Tiote attracting a lot of attention as well so we need to hang onto him.

Yep, we should be tying down key players to long-term deals now.

Coloccini will probably be more than happy enough finishing his career here, so make it happen big Mike.

Guest Heneage

We could do with someone on the wings in January, I can see maybe one loan signing in, two out, and a couple of reserve prospects coming in.

If we sign one player in January it should be a forward. Might sound strange given we are scoring freely but surely it's only a matter of time before Best and Xisco move on and I believe a proper striker partner for Carroll would have finished off teams like Blackpool and Stoke.

Preferably a Bellamy type of forward who has pace and will play off the shoulder of the last defender as well as work the channels. Ben Arfa would appear a good option for this role but we could do with another option espescially as we don't know when he'll return or how his condition will be.

Ameobi's doing well at the minute but we'll see if he can keep it up. Lovenkrands, Nolan, Best, Xisco, none are convincing in a striker's role.

A right winger is the other priority. Barton's done well out wide but it doesn't seem a permanent solution. Routledge doesn't really cut it. Barton has given the right back more protection and I believe it's shown in Simpson's performances.