Realistic Transfer Targets January 2011

Guest koenji

I'd be fucking chuffed to have Beckham in the squad. I think, given our current options, it'd be worth a punt.

A loan till the end of the season, or even just a couple of months. Would be mint. Shirt sales would go through the roof, too.

Jonathan Legaer of Anderlecht told the Belgian press that Everton and Newcastle have been in touch with him concerning a January transfer... would fit our recent transfer policy, young, a lot of potential, quick right winger with a good cross and dribble... bit of a nuthead though

Jonathan Legaer of Anderlecht told the Belgian press that Everton and Newcastle have been in touch with him concerning a January transfer... would fit our recent transfer policy, young, a lot of potential, quick right winger with a good cross and dribble... bit of a nuthead though

Euro sports journalist on Twitter reckons "Newcastle first club to make a move for Legaer."

Beckham the player would definitely start for us, and be good.

Beckham the man, and all that he brings, is a real negative that probably takes away whatever good he could do for us on the pitch.

Imagine him in bad form, getting dropped and the circus that it would bring. Best case scenario is he pings quite a few balls into Carroll's head and we finish top half, but unless we're in serious danger of relegation, he'd not be worth it. And if we're in danger of getting relegated, he probably wouldn't come. He was playing the CL at the turn of the year and was doing quite well, he's not going to want to come to us to struggle to survive in the Prem.

From ClubCall.

Anderlecht midfielder Jonathan Legear has confirmed that Newcastle are interested in taking him to the Premier League in January.

The highly-rated 23-year-old winger has impressed in Belgium after helping his club win the domestic league title last term, while several scouts from a myriad of top European clubs have been watching him in action of late.

Newcastle boss Chris Hughton has reportedly been to watch Legear in action and is thought to be pondering a New Year swoop for his services.

"Newcastle has contacted my agent to let him know they are interested in me," Legear has since told La Derniere Heure.

"I need to prove again and show if I have the level to play in the Premier League."

Newcastle are set to face competition from Premier League rivals Everton, whose manager David Moyes has reportedly also watched him play on three occasions this season.

From ClubCall.

Anderlecht midfielder Jonathan Legear has confirmed that Newcastle are interested in taking him to the Premier League in January.

The highly-rated 23-year-old winger has impressed in Belgium after helping his club win the domestic league title last term, while several scouts from a myriad of top European clubs have been watching him in action of late.

Newcastle boss Chris Hughton has reportedly been to watch Legear in action and is thought to be pondering a New Year swoop for his services.

"Newcastle has contacted my agent to let him know they are interested in me," Legear has since told La Derniere Heure.

"I need to prove again and show if I have the level to play in the Premier League."

Newcastle are set to face competition from Premier League rivals Everton, whose manager David Moyes has reportedly also watched him play on three occasions this season.

the BBC link to the Times also covering the story,

Anderlecht midfielder Jonathan Legear expects Newcastle United to come in for him in January with a £3m bid.

From ClubCall.

Isn't he Radio 5's F1 man?