Chelsea v Newcastle United - Wed 22nd September -7:45pm - League Cup 3rd Rd

Fenham Mag
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'd play the kids again as I wouldn't be bothered in the slightest if we go out.  3 points next weekend and we're 25% of the way to our first target of the season and we'll only be 6 games in, mental.

:thup:

i;d actually typed out "same team as accrington" but knew folk would be jumping in re lua lua etc

Intresting game this one, i think Chelsea will play their kids, i would like it if we go for somethings like this:

Krul

Raylor  Campbell  Kadar  Trav

Jonas  Smith/Tiote  Nolan/Barton  Vuckic

Ameobi  Lovenkrands

Give Nile some time off the bench as well..shame Xisco is out for this one as it would've really been good to give him some time.

That team would be pillaged down our left. If you're going to put square pegs in round holes, better to swap Raylor and Tavernier. We'd lose Raylor's crossing, but at least Jonas would offer young Jimmy some protection...

If we're going to play a weakened team (whic I voted for), I like the look of ElDiablo's team, which at least keeps the same sort of formation to what we've been playing. More players in their natural positions, too.

We should rest at least 3/4 of our senior players. Honestly, I dont really care whether we will be able to go on to the next round or not. It would be great if we does, but wouldnt be disappointed if we do not. If we lost on Wednesday. I just hope it wont be one of a big margin but theres no reason to be optimistic.

I'd start mostly with the XI who started at Accrington. Bringing in Campbell, Smith and Gutierrez to keep them ticking over.

Don't particularly give a shit about the LC (never have in all honesty) and Sunday's game is far more important. 

Couldn't care less about the LC this season - as long as we don't get injuries for crucial players Hughton can pick whatever team he likes.

Even with a full first team we are likely to lose so who cares - retaining PL status more important.

If we are heading for safety when FAC comes round, I may have a different view....

I'd start mostly with the XI who started at Accrington. Bringing in Campbell, Smith and Gutierrez to keep them ticking over.

Don't particularly give a shit about the LC (never have in all honesty) and Sunday's game is far more important. 

Yeah, i agree - the league is paramount. Fringe players plzzz.

These threads are like a de ja vu!

Tough one this.. this will more than likely field a weakened side so should we not just got for it?

-----------------Krul

Colo-----Sol-----------Willi------Jose

Rout-----Bart--------Tiote------Jonas

-----------------HBA

----------------Carroll

Soderberg

Raylor Will Tavernier Kadar

Smith

Jonas                      Vuckic

Nolan

Ameobi Lovenkrands

subs- krul, perch, colo, ferguson, donaldson, ranger, campbell

Still sounds as if Sol is nowhere near a good fitness level so it's best to give him more time to condition

Tough one this.. this will more than likely field a weakened side so should we not just got for it?

-----------------Krul

Colo-----Sol-----------Willi------Jose

Rout-----Bart--------Tiote------Jonas

-----------------HBA

----------------Carroll

The rest of the lineups in this thread, we're looking at 4/5-0 defeats - how can that help things at all?

Will be mostly reserve players:

Krul

Ranger  Smith  Vuckic  Jonas

Ameobi  Lovenkrands

Think that's what will happen with the line-up as well.

Regardless of the team he chooses, I think it's absolutely necessary that HBA and Tiote start these games - Tiote in particular looked low on match sharpness near the end of the Everton game, reckon him and Ben Arfa need games to get them properly up to full fitness.

Soderberg

Raylor Will Tavernier Kadar

Smith

Jonas                      Vuckic

Nolan

Ameobi Lovenkrands

subs- krul, perch, colo, ferguson, donaldson, ranger, campbell

Still sounds as if Sol is nowhere near a good fitness level so it's best to give him more time to condition

I'm sure Perch is banned for this game.

Will be mostly reserve players:

Krul

Ranger  Smith  Vuckic   Jonas

Ameobi  Lovenkrands

If Krul plays and gets injured then we'll have Soderberg in goal against Stoke.