Shane Ferguson joins Millwall on a permanent deal

Pilko

Never mind loaning him out,  build a team around him. He evidently knows he is good enough judging by his desire to get on the ball as much as possible. The best way to protect a talent like this is to reinforce his self belief by showing faith and actually putting him in the team as a regular.

Never mind loaning him out,  build a team around him. He evidently knows he is good enough judging by his desire to get on the ball as much as possible. The best way to protect a talent like this is to reinforce his self belief by showing faith and actually putting him in the team as a regular.

I agree. He looks ready now. And his weight doesn't look like a problem.

Just watched the full 90 mins for the first time and thought Fergie was very good. The best thing about him is that he looks comfortable on the ball and is a pretty well rounded footballer that can be moulded into a permanent position in time. At the moment it's just nice to have a young lad step up and add competition to a couple of positions.

Guest bimpy474

Thing about him bulking up a bit, after watching the games he's played in so far, he looks a little bit fragile to me, strengthening in the respect of taking the knocks and endurance of the premiership, rather than putting on muscle would be the way to go for me.

Why? Republic offer him nothing on an international stage that Norn Iron do, apart from a nice new stadium.

I think it's dead wrong that they can invest time in developing him through all of their youth levels, only for the lad to defect once he starts showing some promise.

Can you switch to RoI from NI even after being capped?  Or was he just capped in a friendly?

Yeah friendly vs Italy.

Non-competitive fixtures no longer lock players, which makes it even more mental because at the time they probably thought they had him locked.

I'll ignore the possible sarcasm and agree with most of this. While Ranger doesn't look ready for this league and could do with being loaned out, Ferguson does look close to being ready and we should keep him for the bench next year and give him some decent time on the pitch.

He's surprisingly exciting when he gets the ball. He plays/looks like a kid in the school yard.

Why? Republic offer him nothing on an international stage that Norn Iron do, apart from a nice new stadium.

I think it's dead wrong that they can invest time in developing him through all of their youth levels, only for the lad to defect once he starts showing some promise.

Totally see what you mean.

But from his perspective, he probably feels he can achieve more on the international stage with EIRE. I totally agree though with what you are saying, but if the option is there it's up to the players of today to decide. :thdn:

He'll regret it in 10 years time if he only has a handful of caps to his name. The players Northern Ireland have lost southwards now is bordering on ridiculous, their player production for a small pool is very good and yet it's rendered pointless by a ridiculous loop-hole.

He'll regret it in 10 years time if he only has a handful of caps to his name. The players Northern Ireland have lost southwards now is bordering on ridiculous, their player production for a small pool is very good and yet it's rendered pointless by a ridiculous loop-hole.

Can't be too far off a united Ireland team. Rugby manages it fine.

Can't be too far off a united Ireland team. Rugby manages it fine.

Absolutely miles off from that happening.