Shane Ferguson joins Millwall on a permanent deal

Pilko

He's 22 and has had less than 40 competitive games. Wow.

Meanwhile, Danny Rose has been getting regular first team minutes the past few years on loan. Better player than Ferguson mind.

Guest bimpy474

Loaning him out is good and very sensible, it's when we have the most ineffective left sided player in the league starting every game, it's frustrating to say the least.

Better Spurs examples are Caulker - who played full seasons for Yeovil, Bristol and Swansea. And to a lesser extent - Naughton.

Caulker seems to be an excellent prospect though but they've handled it superbly.

:thup:

For some reason I thought Rose had been getting loads of time on loan too. Guess last season was his first big one away.

I like Caulker too, good young player.

We're thin on the ground but Ferguson absolutely has to be playing regular football. Of those I've seen, he's one of three 'development squad' players who might actually make it.

In my eyes, the others would be Vuckic and Bigi. The former's injury problems might have scuppered his chances and he needs a substantial loan too. Bigi is ready for this level and I'd have him in pretty much every match-day squad - so I'd rather we held onto him. Amalfitano, Sammy, Abeid, Tavernier, Dummett, Campbell... meh, can't really see it. People seem to rate Inman and Good but I've never seen either of them so can't really comment.

If Ferguson's going to be first choice at Birmingham I'd be happy if he was there all season. Hope Haris manages to get a full season under his belt somewhere, too.

We're thin on the ground but Ferguson absolutely has to be playing regular football. Of those I've seen, he's one of three 'development squad' players who might actually make it.

In my eyes, the others would be Vuckic and Bigi. The former's injury problems might have scuppered his chances and he needs a substantial loan too. Bigi is ready for this level and I'd have him in pretty much every match-day squad - so I'd rather we held onto him. Amalfitano, Sammy, Abeid, Tavernier, Dummett, Campbell... meh, can't really see it. People seem to rate Inman and Good but I've never seen either of them so can't really comment.

If Ferguson's going to be first choice at Birmingham I'd be happy if he was there all season. Hope Haris manages to get a full season under his belt somewhere, too.

Think Bigi has a big year for us. Should see the field quite a bit.

Think Bigi has a big year for us. Should see the field quite a bit.

Really, really hope so. Since the first youth imports under this regime (circa Zamblera, think he was one of the first) - he's the only one I've felt genuinely excited about. He looks a real talent. I thought he was just a defensive-midfielder when he signed but then he scored that goal against Coventry, which was class. Might be a real all-rounder.

I hope this means we are looking at investing in a left midfielder, as we are too thin without him. Do like the idea of him having a full season under his belt, could do wonders for him and us next season.

If you don't rate him I'd love to know your opinion on the rest of the rabble on the fringe of the team.

Bigi - really like him, best of the bunch.

Sammy - has some of the raw materials but not yet good enough.

Vuckic - talented but too injury prone.

Gosling - who?

Its a good move for Fergie's development and good for us - Pardew would play Jonas, Gouffran, Marveaux and probably even Obertan before him. It'd be another year of being benched or playing in cups.

Bigi has too small a stride pattern... People go past him too easily... Don't think he'll make it at this level...

Sammy seems to lack a winning desire...

Vuckic looks too one paced...

Can't see any of them being good enough sadly...

Guest Haris Vuckic

Bigi has too small a stride pattern... People go past him too easily... Don't think he'll make it at this level...

:lol:

- upside.. looks like we must be looking to bring in another left winger.

- downside we are even more lighter and Sammy might be his replacement.

Think he could have played a part this season but he needs games its the perfect move for him and we can evaluate next summer.

If the squad was invested in properly, there would be no problem in Ferguson going out on loan for a whole season. I hope we have a left winger in our sights to bring in. Hate the thought of Jonas out there for another season.

:lol:

Essentially it's what stops Cabaye being a great player in my eyes... Once someone is past him he never looks like he can catch up with them...